Chapter 13

Chapter 13

The tension was thick. As they walked through the woods, the members of the Phoenix and the demigods were on high guard. Nobody wanted any surprise attacks.

"Stop." Alpha raised his palm and everyone stopped moving. He eyed their surrounding and spread his senses out like how Destiny used to do and tried to sense whatever that was around them. Slowly, he moved and stood in front of Destiny; the rest of the Phoenix followed suit by surrounding the demigods.

Jason asked, "What is it?"

Alpha shook his head, "I'm still not strong enough. I can't tell."

Skylar placed a palm unto Alpha's shoulder and said, "Maybe I can help." Her palm slowly lit up in a blue flame and Alpha closed his eyes once again. When he opened them again, the demigods cringed at the sight of his expression.

"Monsters," he smirked darkly, "A whole army of them. Fun."

To the demigods, monsters meant trouble. But to the Phoenix, monsters meant a chance to let out their fury before they exploded into something worse.

Ark chuckled, "Demigods, stay with Destiny. Protect her. We want to have some fun."

The demigods took a step closer to the daughter of Poseidon and a step away from the Phoenix.

Then they waited.

When the monsters came into view, the Phoenix made no move to attack. Instead, they slowly move into formation as the monsters surged forward to fight them.

As the first monster came in contact, Lucian slashed it with much hatred. That was when the Phoenix made attack. They fought like maniacs but yet so graceful. Like the last time the demigods saw them, they fought with trust that their fellow members would be there at their every move.

Thalia noticed how the Hecate siblings fought. The sister would slash at the monster's upper body and leaped back immediately to avoid being injured and the brother would intercept the creature's blow. She could tell that the bond that the siblings shared was strong. After all, they survived Tartarus together. Thalia also noticed how Olive and Flakes danced as they fought their enemies, literally. They actually danced. Ballet, hip hop, jazz, ballroom and all kinds of dance, they danced around their enemies. And believe it or not, they were as happy as they could be. Well, as happy as they can while fighting a bunch of monsters. The rest of the Phoenix fought like the monsters were nothing and to Thalia's knowledge, they could have just finish up the monsters with a click of their fingers but they didn't. Thalia could tell that they letting out their anger on the monsters. They knew very well that they could not do anything to the demigods, which were why they took it out on the monsters. Thalia felt guilty. She knew that the demigods' appearance had caused Destiny to have a reaction. She knew that they were the reason that the Phoenix was stuck with them when they never wanted to. But what could she do? Nothing.

All of a sudden, a group of monsters turned their attention to the demigods and Destiny who were at the sidelines. Before the demigods could make any move to intercept their attackers, Destiny stood up and blocked their path of attack. With a swift movement she took her sword out and fought. She never allowed any to go near the demigods. Once she was finished with the group that had attacked them, she turned and leaped into battle with her fellow members.

The Phoenix were surprised that Destiny had joined them in battle but they never gave their enemy a chance of advantage. At the end of the battle, Destiny had a power shield around her and no one could get close to her. Well, except for Lucian.

He had been the one to finish off the last few monsters. As he was walking backwards to get closer to the group after the last monster turned into dust, he did not noticed a small stone in his path. He tripped right into Destiny's shield. And with how powerful she is, touching the shield when she was using her powers in such high scale could kill him. Olive tried to warn him but failed. Everyone closed their eyes and waited for Lucian's scream but none came. They opened their eyes.