Big Time Hangout Part 14

I quickly dry my eyes wondering why Katie is knocking and as I open the door, there on the other side is James. I look at him shocked, "What are you doing here?" 
He looks at me and quietly asks if he can come in. I step to the side and let him in, "James we need to talk." I say but he stops me, "Yes we do. I have been giving this a lot of thought and I don't think I can do this anymore."
I start to laugh, "James its been a whole twenty four hours. How do you know this isn't going to work?"
He takes my hand and sits me on the bed sitting next to me, "I'm not going to lie to you and tell you some bull about why it won't. I'm just going to be honest and you tell me what you think."
I nod at him and he continues, "When the guys were hugging you telling you goodbye it did something to me. I can't stand the thought of having to hide you from the world. I can't stand being jealous of my best friends being around you. I can't keep sane going on like this. We either have to make it public or we have to stop now before I lose my mind." and he starts to cry, "I don't want to lose you but I don't feel like your really mine as long as we have to hide everything. I hope you understand."
My eyes start to fill with tears. I really like James but I honestly feel he is right. Its not fair to keep hiding from the world just because I can't make up my mind. I open my mouth to speak but nothing will come out. I want to tell him everything and let the chips fall where they may but I just can't seem to get words to come out of my mouth.
He grabs me and kisses me passionately and then with tears flowing down his face says, "Goodbye (yn). You will always have a special place in my heart and a best friend in me. I hope maybe one day you will change your mind." and before I can say anything else he is gone.
I sit back on my bed even more confused then I was before. The tears are flowing more freely than they ever have and I bury my face in my pillow. I feel a hand on my shoulder and hear Katie, "Sis what's wrong. What did James want?"
I sit up and she can see the mess that I am and I tell her what just happened. She smiles at me, "See Sis its already started."
I look at her puzzled, "What are you talking about?"
She hits me playfully, "Well that is one that you don't have to worry about anymore. Now you just have three to chose from. You said coming home would change things and its already started."
I hug her and as much as I want to know she is right it doesn't change the fact that somewhere deep inside me I feel like dying. 'What if it was James I was wanting to try with?' and another part of me says, 'If James had been worth the try he wouldn't have given up so easily.' 
Katie gets up, "I have to go with mom to run some errands for my party tomorrow. Are you going to be okay?" she asks.
I nod and as soon as the door closed I buried my head back in my pillow and cried myself back to sleep.
I wake up a few hours later with someone's arms around me. I roll over expecting to see Katie but instead I'm looking straight into Logan's eyes.
"Well good morning." he says. "Sorry I scared you. I just wanted to see you while I had the time."
I sit up quickly, "What? How?"
He smiles sitting up, "I have to fly into Texas to see about my mom and I thought I would stop off here on my way back." he says. "I hope your not mad. I know you said you would call me later but I just wanted to see you."
I fake a smile, "No I'm not mad. I'm glad your here."
He leans over to kiss me and I put my finger over his lips, "Morning breath. Let me at least brush my teeth first." I say with a slight giggle.

I'm in the bathroom and Logan is telling me about why he had to go to Texas and about how Kendall and Carlos have been sick since I left. Then he said something that really bothered me.
"Since you left its almost like James has lost his best friend. I don't know what's going on there but I'm thinking if he doesn't snap out of it soon I am going to have to step in." Logan says.
I walk out of the bathroom, "What do you mean Logan?"
Logan stands up and walks over to me, "Its almost like you were dating him or something and since you left he just hasn't been himself."
Out of all the people I wanted to be honest with I really got the feeling if I was honest with Logan it wouldn't end well. I sit down on the bed and stare at the floor while he comes and sits next to me. "What is it (yn)? You act like something is wrong. You can tell me you know."
I look up at him, "Logan I'm just so confused right now. I really don't know what to do."
He smiles at me, "Well I have a few ideas." and he leans over to kiss me.
I push him back, "Logan I'm being serious. If our being together is hurting James maybe we should just stop."
Logan gets serious, "(yn) you have to know that is not at all what I want. I love James like a brother and I'm worried about him but our relationship isn't going to affect him. He doesn't even know about us. He will snap out of it."
I kiss him on the cheek and ask, "And if he doesn't?"
Logan smiles, "We will cross that bridge when we get to it. We are just getting started and I don't want to end this before it ever gets a chance." He looks at his watch, "I really have to get to the airport. Walk me out?" he asks.
We get up and I walk him downstairs. I give him a quick hug and small kiss and close the door behind him leaning against it wondering what I have started.
'I just can't do this anymore. James is miserable and I'm miserable and I know the guys are going to hate me but its a risk I have to take. I just can't do it anymore.' I think.
Katie and mom get home with all the party stuff and I tell Katie about my visit with Logan and how he said James is acting. Then I break the news that I am not going to do this anymore and I'm going to tell all the guys we need to talk and get everything out in the open. Katie is trying to be supportive but I know in the back of her mind she is thinking its a very bad idea. I can't help the fact that it has to stop. I have feelings to and its killing me to be so deceptive to them.
We spend the rest of the day getting things ready for the party the next day. The house is decorated and all that is left is the food needing to be prepared. I go to my room contemplating how I'm going to handle this whole thing and fall on my bed. My phone is going off so I grab it. Its a text from James that reads:

I'm really sorry. I wanted things to work out so badly. I just dont know what would have helped. I 
dont want you to be a secret from anyone and I cant help how I feel. 
XOXO James

I don't even know what to say back so I just toss the phone back on the bed. Its not long before it goes off again. This time its a call from Kendall. I answer it, "Hello" I say. 
Kendall says, "Hey sweetheart. How are you?" 
I try to lie and say, "I'm fine. Just a bit tired. What's going on there?"
His tone of voice changes, "Your lying. There is something wrong. What is it?"
I can't think straight, "Kendall I need to talk to all of you together. When will you guys have a free day?"
He gets upset, "What is wrong? What is going on?"
I start to cry, "Kendall I can't talk about this right now. I just need to see you guys when you get a free day please." and I don't give him a chance to say anything else before I hang up and turn my phone off.
I wake up a few hours later to Kendall standing over me, "(yn) I don't know what's going on but I think we need to talk."