"Of course it did, Dean. I just...never told you," Sam replies.

"Oh, was this another secret that you forced her to keep," Dean yells pointing at me, "or did Olivia not care enough to pay attention?!"

"Hey! Don't yell at me! I get this entire situation is all screwed up, but you don't have to take your anger out on me!" I yell.

"Dean. Olivia," Castiel says to break up our argument, "Sam, what are you feeling now?"

Sam laughs, "Well, I feel like my nose is broken--"

"No, that's a physical sensation. How do you feel?" Castiel asks again.

"I think--"

"Feel."

Sam hesitates, "I...don't know." Castiel gives us a very concerned look while the rest of us are all confused, including Sam. Castiel takes off his belt. "What are you doing?" Sam asks.

"This will be very unpleasant. You'll need to bite on this," Castiel replies; he sticks his belt in Sam's mouth and Sam bites down on it. "If there's some place that you find soothing, you should go there. In your mind." Sam shoots Dean this look of fear, and I watch nervously from the other side of the room while Dean stays where he was. Castiel pulls up his sleeve and does something that would definitely not be possible -- he sticks his arm in Sam's stomach.

I can see Sam's veins light up and there's a light emitting from where Castiel's arm is. Sam is screaming in pain and finally Castiel removes his arm from Sam, who let the belt fall out of his mouth. "Did you find anything?" Dean asks. I hold my breath waiting for his answer.

"No," Castiel replies.

"Well, then that's good right?" Dean asks.

"Not this time," Castiel replies and my heart starts to sink. "Physically, he's perfectly healthy." He doesn't say anything else.

"Then what?" Dean asks.

"It's his soul," then a small pause, "It's gone." My stomach has started to do somersaults, and my heart is pounding against my chest -- I think that it might burst. Dean starts laughing nervously and pacing around the room.

"Can you repeat that one more time, like I'm five. What do you mean he's got no..." Dean says.

"Somehow, when Sam was resurrected, it was without his soul," Castiel replies.

"So, where is it?" Dean asks.

"My guess is, it's still in the cage with Michael and Lucifer."

"Is he still Sam?" I pipe up.

"You pose an interesting philosophical question."

"Then just get it back," Dean says.

"Dean," Castiel pleads.

"You were able to pull me out!" Dean argues.

"It took several angels to rescue you and you weren't as well guarded. Sam's soul is in Lucifer's cage. There's a difference, a huge difference. It's not possible."

Sam starts to squirm around in his chair, "Listen, are you gonna untie me?" he asks. "I'm not gonna--"

"How the hell am I supposed to let you out of this room?" Dean asks.

"Dean, I'm not some psycho. I didn't want you to get hurt, I just wanted to stop those vamps," Sam replies and then he sighs, "I'm sorry. It won't ever happen again."

Dean starts laughing, "You're kidding me, right?" he asks.

"Well, what are you gonna do? Keep me locked up in here forever?" Sam asks.