Meeting Her

(Yay! The grammar on this chapter is now fixed as well!)
     Zera chased the guy at full speed, which for her, is a slightly paced jogging. She thought she had lost him in the city when he turned the corner. Then, she saw him run over the abandoned train tracks into the city. "There he is!" She yelled a little too loudly. A group of girls stared at her. She ignored them and ran faster, trying to keep up. Suddenly, as she tries to catch him running in the alley, he stops. The strange man, she now realized was probably around her age or a little older. He stared at her with an exhausted expression.  "You're not that girl, who are you?" He asked her, obviously confused.
       "First let me ask, who are you and why are you running?" She says to him  sternly. And with that,  a girl came.
       A girl with long, dark, and jet-black hair came running at the two teens. The boy sprinted out of the alley and away from Zera's sight. The girl stopped abruptly. "Um... what is going on?"  Zera asked her, slightly scared.
       "None of your concern at the moment." The girl said in a loud voice.
       "Well then Miss Cadet." Zera thought to herself. The girl just stands there, looking. "That guy ran away, if that is who you are looking for." She says to her.
       "How do you know him?" The girl practically yelled at her.
       "Hold your horses lady, I was just chasing him. No harm done!" The girl grabbed Zera's arm and took her to the bench in the alley.
"Tell me everything." She commanded. As Zera told her the story, the girl listened to every word.
       "Okay, my name is Zera. I told you my story, now tell me your's, she said to the girl. "Fine, my name is Isla, and I have no family. I am 17 years old, and I was chasing that boy because he was chosen," she said quickly. Zera thought about that. Her dream! She knew it!
       "Are you here to help us?" She asked Isla excitedly.
       "Yes, in a way. How do you know?" Isla stated in an unfriendly way.
       "It may sound crazy but maybe... do you have the powers of an element?" She hoped Isla would say yes, these dreams she was having could all be real! The world could be saved by a group of warriors that were in the stories ages ago, in the ones her mother told her of. Zera waited for an answer.
        The girl sighed, "Yes, I have some control over water. And I was given a special weapon, here, look." As she pulled out a seemingly magic staff from nowhere, the alley lit up slightly. It was blue and black, with water surrounding it, and in some spots, blades were showing. Zera's jaw dropped as she witnessed the first magic, or even decent thing in her life in years.
(Hope you like this chapter! It is only the beginning of what is to come! Read on to find out what happens to our heroes Zera and Isla.
            P.S. just in case, every new character's name will be placed here for pronunciation: ZERA (zeh-ruh)  ISLA (eye-luh) means water.)