Chapter 7- Slide

Depuis le début

"Kadeejah, you're shot sit down!" Chasity yelled at me as she tried to gently pull me away from him.

It hadn't registered to me that I was shot until I looked back to my arm, the blood wasn't just coming from Kevin, but my own flesh wound that was dripping down to my wrist. "Shit."

"Come on, let the ambulance get him, baby."

"No, no lift his head up, come on, someone help me. Left his head." I mumbled as I scootched until I was behind his head, I gently picked it up placing it against my stomach as a way to keep it propped up. "Come on Kevin, come on."

"What's his name?" A paramedic asked as I finally felt like I was getting nowhere, and felt dizzy. "Kevin... I don't know his last name."

"Oh my, we have another gun shot victim. Going into shock!" She yelled over her shoulder.

I was trying to hold on to Kevin as best as I could, but soon enough paramedics had wisked me from behind him, and onto a stretcher. The whole time they carried me, and asked questions I started fading out, I wasn't hearing any of it, and wasn't feeling anything.

~~

I paced back, and forth trynna figure out what the fuck should happen next, what the fuck could happen next, and just how goofy the whole shit ended up being. I didn't realize exactly what I was getting into when we hopped in the truck, and went to slide on them niggas. All I was thinking about was being mad, thinking about Bam, and how them niggas left my nigga laying on the ground in his own blood, not giving a fuck. That's it, and instead of just airing them niggas out, today we shot a eight year old kid, a young nigga in college, and worst of all, Kadeejah got shot.

Between Dev, and I we were shooting to kill, and that we did with the niggas we intended to get, but all those other folks wasn't apart of the plan, and now the news, and FBI gone be crawling on this damn case because it ain't just another regular shooting in the hood, we got a lil boy involved, and a college nigga, that already gets heads turning, and folks needing answers. Answers I won't have.

"Man D, calm the fuck down dawg, we good, aint we always good?" Devin questioned as he wiped his pistol off, and tossed it to Mann Mann, to put up.

I turned to him disgusted. "My nigga, we ain't good, the people we shot today, got families that's gone want answers. All these other niggas we slumped over aint have no family, or folks ain't give enough of a fuck. We not good."

"We are good. Don't worry D, plus we got them niggas, they gone. Remember, this shit was for Bam, our brother."

"My brother, y'all niggas ain't look out for Bam when he was here." I retorted before heading to the other couch, and sitting down.

My mind was all over the place mainly praying to allah that the little boy would be straight, and that Kadeejah was okay, I know for a fact she wasn't dead or hit nowhere bad because I watched the college nigga she was with jump over her, and cover her. To him I'm thankful because I don't know what I would've done if I accidentally hit that girl, but just thinking about her knowing this shooting involved me already makes me nervous on top of everything else because I know I lost her trust, if a nigga ever even had it, but I want Kadeejah, I wanted to make it up, now this shit gone set that plan all the way back if she ever figures out.

There was a knock on the door, before it flew open, and Fatima came barging in. "What in the hell is wrong with you Deuce!"

"Fatima, not now bruh."

"No, now!" She grabbed me by my hood, trynna drag me to the kitchen, but got pushed off.

"Aye, who the fuck you think you is, running up in my shit like this grabbing all up on a nigga?" I snapped at her. "The hell. Do you. Want."