"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to grab you like that." He apologized.

"Yea, whatever , just don't do that again."

"I get it, I get it, but please don't go. I did wanna talk to you for a bit." He admitted, regretfully.

I shook my head still feeling annoyed, but again, this dude is pretty genuine, his apology, the way he comes at me, and everything. I can't for real be mad at him no matter how bad I would like to be. Plus what do I really have to lose, but a couple of minutes of sitting on my phone. It won't hurt to entertain this dude, and hell, considering his personality, have him entertain me.

I sat back down beside him slowly, and a smile started creeping up a little bit. "What's your favorite color."

"Green. Yours?"

"Maroon." He stated making me scrunch up my face. "Eww, why?" I questioned.

He reached into his basketball shorts and pulled out a key set before showing me a lanyard. "My school colors."

"Oh you're in college?"

"Yes ma'am TSU, throw 'em up!" He yelled before throwing up some sign. I had to shake my head again because he was such a character but the new found information was something that peeked my interest.

"So you go to college?"

"Yup, sophomore, Criminal Justice major, minor in marketing."

"You an opp, huh? Maybe it isn't a good look being around you." I joked.

He chuckled, and shoved his keys back into his pocket. "Hear it all the time, but it's a better look than getting pulled over from being around one of these niggas from around here."

I raised an eyebrow taking his little comment as a jab at me, but then realized he's never seen me with Deuce, just like most folks haven't seen me with him, but still the comment did feel like it was aimed at me. Guess in all actuality it's just my conscious letting me know what fucking with someone like Deuce looks like to others, and hell, the blatant reality of the shit, but again, it's not here nor there since I'll never be fucking with that nigga ever again.

Kevin, and I continued on discussing his school life, and how he enjoyed it. He started to tell me I'd be a good lawyer or detective when things seemed to begin to go left. There were people from up the street flying past us, mothers grabbing their children up, and taking off. Kevin, and I both sat confused until we watched some dudes run past shooting back at a black truck that was rolling down the street with a shooter in the window. It was like before I could even make a move, the shooter began letting rounds off in our direction where another dude stood in front of us shooting back. Once that guy fell more bullets sprayed our way before I felt a heavy body jump on top of mine, and a sharp ass pain shot up my left arm. I screamed between the pain, and not knowing what was going on for the next 15 seconds before everything seemed to stop.

Tires went screeching down the street from the truck, and sirens began wailing coming towards the block. There was still nothing on my mind, it was like it was blank; paralyzed. All I could hear was my heart beating loud as fuck in my ears, and feeling the pressure of someone's body laying on mine.

"Kadeejah, Kadeejah!" Someone yelled, finally snapping me back into my thoughts.

I turned my head as best as I could to catch Mr. Tony running up to us. He crouched down along with Chasity to roll Kevin off of me, once they did I sat up and rolled onto my knees, reaching out to cup Kevin's face to see if he was alright.

"Kevin," I mumbled finally seeing his eyes closed, and then feeling the blood on my finger tips from where it laid on top of a bullet hole in his side. "Oh shit, Kevin, Kevin can you hear me!"