chapter ten

Luke groaned quietly as his back hit the door of Michael's bedroom, his hands immediately reaching to unbutton the flannel the boy had on. His breath was shallow as he grew impatient, rushing through each before pushing it off of his shoulders. The window that blew tickled his bare skin, buy he didn't mind as Michael's fingernails dug into the skin of his waist.

"My friends... are just down... there-"

"Don't you dare leave yet." Luke hissed as he pulled the boy closer. "Not yet."

"Two more minutes."

"Three." Luke bargained as he kissed Michael's neck, letting his teeth gently graze his skin. Michael laughed quietly and Luke sighed as the boy's hand found their way to his hair.

He tugged on the blond locks and Luke was sold, deciding he'd much rather stay with Michael than go to whatever beach party his friends wanted to drag them to. He didn't want to keep him from his friends, but how fucked up is it that Michael gets him all hard and excited just to walk off and laugh?

"We gotta go, Luke." Michael mumbled and Luke met Michael's eyes.

"You owe me one." He sighed and Michael pressed a quick kiss against his lips. "A big one."

Michael laughed as he pulled away, and Luke looked around the room as he bit on his lip ring. "How big?"

Luke winked at him and the two laughed as Michael's friends yelled at them to hurry up so they all can leave. "Five minutes!" Michael yelled as he set his hand beside Luke's head. "For you, baby."

Luke reached behind him, twisting the door knob behind him before ducking out of the kiss Michael was trying to give him. "Revenge is best served... cold, like showers."

Luke picked up Michael's flannel shirt and then ran down his stairs, immediately meeting up with Michael's friends who all equally looked as fucked up as them. That blond had daddy issues, the red head probably had a drug addiction, the brunet was stoned as shit, and one of them reeked of booze and it was only noon. What a gang of misfits he runs.

"You're Luke?" The brunet asked as he jabbed a finger in his direction, chipped paint and all.

"What's it to ya'?" Luke asked and the boy rose a thick eyebrow as he eyed him up and down.

"I thought you'd be... more."

"Stop being an ass." The red headed girl elbowed her friend as Luke set his hands on his hips. "He doesn't like new people."

"New people don't like him." Luke snapped as he glared at the tan boy. "Your jacket is off brand."

"You're an off brand." He shot back and Luke narrowed his eyes at the boy. What a douche.

"Your split ends need a trim."

"Your skin is discolored." He pointed out and Luke could feel his blood boiling.

"At least I don't have acne." Luke crossed his arms and the boy smirked. He was a pain in the ass.

"At least I'm not a chew toy."

"At least he has a boyfriend."

Luke turned around as a shirtless Michael walked down the stairs, his hand curling around Luke's neck before he kissed his jaw. "Gimme my shirt."

"Put a leash on your fucking dog." Luke shoved the shirt into his chest. "He's stoned, and intoxicated or not, I'll clock him."

"Luke likes being mean, don't take it personally." Michael explained as he buttoned his shirt. "Let's just go. Introductions aren't too important. Luke hates everyone, whether he knows them or not."

"Why invite him then?"

"Because..." Michael trailed off as the two held hands. "He doesn't hate me anymore."

"Let's go. This is all too gay for me to handle." The scrawny blond kid with a septum piercing and cuffed jeans spoke. "C'mon."

-

Luke ended up learning their names in the car since Michael quietly pointed them all out to him. Jack was the scrawny blond with daddy issues and too much hair spray. Layla was the kind alcoholic who didn't speak that much but when she did it was stupid. Kayleigh was the red head who seemed like she was a crack addict. Then Calum, the fucking asshat who can't keep his mouth shut and pisses him off every time he looks his way.

"He's an opinionated and open person." Michael would tell him as they put sunscreen on. Luke didn't care. Calum was an asshole.

"He looks like a dog." Luke crossed his arms and Michael laughed as he tossed him a can of soda. "I'm trying to be nice but he tests me."

"He's fine. Just ignore him. He won't be around long anyways." The boy waved off as Kayleigh and Jack went to the water. "Let's go."

"Who's house is that?" Luke asked as he nodded at the large beach house Calum walked into. "Is it his?"

"It's Jack's, but Calum's been his friend since they popped out their mama's so basically his too." Michael explained and Luke nodded. "Calum's no rich kid."

Luke was silent as he looked over the water, and Michael set a hand on his thigh as he stood up. "Come swimming with me." He suggested and Luke looked up at him.

"I don't swim."

"Get in the water with me." Michael tried and Luke rose an eyebrow at him. "Please?"

"Fine. Whatever." Luke agreed and then stood up. He pulled his shirt off and then threw it on the floor, nearly laughing when Michael's eyes were glued to his chest. "Like 'em?"

"I never noticed you had your uh -"

"Metal detectors hate me." Luke winked and and then walked past him. "We getting in the water or not?"

"R-Right. Yeah, okay." Michael stammered and ran after him. "If Kayleigh flirts with you, ignore her. She does it to every kid who looks like you."

"Are you giving me a heads up for my sake or for yours?" Luke asked and Michael grabbed his wrist. "You sound annoyed."

"I don't like the idea of her flirting with what's mine." Michael murmured and Luke laughed as he grabbed Michael's chin.

"Your's?"

Michael hummed and Luke looked away for a moment. "Alright, I can get behind that." Luke nodded before pushing Michael into the saltwater.

"Hey-"

"If you can catch me, I'll be your's." Luke laughed before running. "If not, oh Kayleigh!" He sang as he watched the boy get up.