"And," I said shaking my head not seeing what he was saying.

"Are you two like a thing?"

Absolutely... not... he hates you

"No," my voice came out weak and sad.

Ethan would never want me the way I want him. I'm just a girl who keeps him busy.

"Do you have feelings for my brother?"

Duh he's a god

"No," I replied quietly.

I feel lost. Was I supposed to tell Grayson the truth?

You did , you aren't dating Ethan

Was I supposed to tell him about our kisses and the things we've talked about?

No they meant nothing to Ethan

"It doesn't seem that way," Grayson said.

I shook my head and bit my lip to try and hold back the tears. I can't cry in front of Grayson.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded my head and stood up from my bed. I paused the movie and made my way towards the door.

"I'm fine I just, I'm gonna go get some water," I responded and slowly went down stairs.

My footsteps were light. I was hoping I could stay quiet and Ethan wouldn't hear me. Maybe the two would continue talking and I could see how he really was. 

"Alright bro what's your body count?" Jarred asked. 

Please say zero, please say zero.

"Umm somewhere around 16 and 18," Ethan's voice was cocky, yet it didn't sound like he was lying.

"Damn man," my brother chuckled and I heard a slapping noise from a high five.

"I mean don't get me wrong, some were way better than others."

Loud laughter erupted through the living room. Slowly I made my way to the kitchen not even caring to be quiet. I got a glass of Orange juice and sat at the island. My phone buzzed next to me pulling me from starring into the orange liquid.

Dad: Hey D, hows it going back home?

Me: fine

Dad: you okay sweet

Me: fine just sleepy

Dad: make sure the house isn't too much of a wreck your mom and I are coming home in a bit

Me: k

Great, as if I wasn't already in a bad mind set now I'll have to deal with my mom on top of it all.

"When you'd get in here?" Jarred asked as him and Ethan walked into the kitchen.

"A little bit ago," I replied quick and short.

"What are we eating for dinner?"

"I don't know."

I kept my head facing down as I leaned on my arm. I refused to lookup at Jarred or Ethan, scared I'd break.

"You pick and then I'll get it," Jarred said taking a water from the fridge.

"I don't really care," I mumbled and hoped off the stool. I walked to the door and slid on my shoes and headed out the door.

As I walked down the sidewalk I heard footsteps behind me. They approached me quickly, but I didn't care.

Ethan walked beside me quietly neither of us said a word even as I sat on the swing and kicked my feet against the loose gravel. He stood there and stared at me.

"Alright what's wrong?" Ethan asked as if he was annoyed.

"Nothing," I replied and shook my head still staring at the ground.

"You were fine this morning, so what's wrong now?"

"I told you nothing," I answered and turned my head so I couldn't see any part of Ethan.

"Why are you being so dramatic?"

"Excuse me," I snapped and stood from the swing. "Ethan you kissed me and took me out to eat. I had so much fun this morning it felt like we actually had something. As soon as we got here you started acting different because Jarred was around. The whole point of this morning and the apology was that you got over the whole embarrassment issue, but I guess you haven't."

"What are you talking about? Yeah I'm not gonna kiss you when your brothers around. I'm not gonna be all over you, like your crazy if you think I would," he yelled.

"Well I'm sorry that I thought."

"Thought what huh?" Ethan butted in.

"Forget it."

I'm getting no where. Whenever I think things will turn around they end up going south. I really believed Ethan liked me in someway, but after listening to him and Jarred earlier I know I'm just some other girl