introduction

"Truly a wonderful ball, don't you think?" Prince Leonardo smiles as he twirls his young fiancée in a circle.

"Yes indeed, the ball is wonderful," The princess says, and she nods her head a single time in agreement.

Her dress begins to fly out from the twirl, and the soft silk of her dress lifts slightly to show off her small shoes.

"You shall be turning eighteen soon," The princess says. "The arranged marriage will begin once I become eighteen. My eighteenth birthday isn't for some time now."

"I'm always willing to wait. But you know how we feel about calling it 'arranged', we're in love aren't we?"

She bites her lips and replies, "Of course."

The waltz soon ends, and the Princess curtsies before she makes her leave. She's never enjoyed the grande balls her father throws. Now is the time she's finally decided to escape, and quietly rest in her resting chambers.

She swiftly and quietly sneaks her way out of the ballroom, and she begins to run down the hallway. That's until she stumbles into somebody's chest.

"I'm so sorry," says the princess as she looks up to meet a semi familiar face.

"No, it was my fault. I was wandering through the halls when I shouldn't have," The male bows slightly. "Vylad."

"No need to bow," the princess says with a wave of her hand. "Alex."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Months pass, and Princess Alexandra Zvahl of Meteli has mysteriously disappeared the night of her fiancé's eighteen birthday. A ball had been thrown in their honor for the future wedding, even if it the arranged married was supposed to only be a little over a year's time away.

Searches for the Princess have been made, but to no avail has see been made. The marriage, however, has not been called off.

"Find someone!" King Hayden orders. He slams his fist against his throne in anger. "Think of something! If we cannot find my daughter, then we must find somebody to take her place until then." King Hayden rubs his temple. "My, now I have overworked myself into a headache. Leave servant, go and find me a new princess."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Y/N, would you come down please?"

Y/N sighs as she places her book down against her small bed. Of course she's read this book more than once in the past, but she favorite part has occurred where the prince has realized his feelings for the younge village girl.

However, once she arrives downstairs, she learns that she's in for a surprise. Palace guards stand in front of she, and they hand her a paper.

Greetings,

As of the news of my daughter's, Princess Alexandra, disappearance has caused deep grief and chaos amongst many kingdoms, I have sent for you to live at the palace to take her place under the title 'long lost sister' for her future marriage to Prince Leonardo of Scaleswind.

I will see you soon, and I will make sure you quickly attend lessons as well as meeting your future fiancé. This is all until Princess Alexandra is found.

Yours Truly,

King Hayden Zvahl

Y/N looks up from the paper to see Ms. Davis smile softly at her. Wrinkles begin to form under her eyes, and she nudges for Y/N to go back upstairs to collect her little belongs.

Y/N has always thought that she would never become adopted, or even get out of the orphanage, but she has been proven wrong.

Y/N quickly finishs packing, and she says goodbye to the rest of the children. Ms. Davis kisses her forehead wishing her good luck, and soon she's being taken to the palce only to stand in front of the King himself.

"Lessons will begin tomorrow, but until then, I will have a maid lead you to your resting chamber," King Hayden says.

That was the day the title Princess Y/N of Meteli was truly born.