Chapter 2

A car sped past Xavier, splashing water on one of his shoes. The boy looked down at his feet then upwards, peeking out from the bottom of his umbrella. Next to him, Amber jumped into a puddle, splashing his other shoe.

"You're shitting me?" Xavier growled, turning to the girl.

Amber turned to face him and smiled. "Whatever could you mean?"

"Bitch." Xavier stuck his tongue out at his friend. "Whatever, lets just get to school please. Not a fan of the rain."

"Sure, whatever dude." Amber punched Xavier's arm playfully. "Thanks for walking
with me."

"Your fault for missing the bus," the boy whispered to himself. Amber glared and punched his arm...hard. "Ow! What the hell!"

"I heard that, dumbass," Amber said, pouting.

"Whatever."

The two walked down the street in a comfortable silence for a while. It's been about a week since Matt and Amber made Xavier buy them a buffets worth of food and about two days since Xavier's friends last pulled a prank on him. What type of prank? Well that was something Xavier didn't want to discuss.

Anyway, the wind suddenly began to pick up, blowing Xavier and Amber's umbrellas in front of them.

"What the hell?" Xavier cursed. He wretched his umbrella up, pushing against the wind. When the umbrella was cleared from his view, he saw two figures standing farther up the street. They were dressed in black clothing and one was drastically shorter than the other.

"Who are they?" Amber asked.

"Not sure," Xavier replied cautiously. "Let's just get going."

"Alright."

The two continued cautiously and the wind began to die down. Eventually, the friends made it to the suspicious people and the shorter one peaked out from under her umbrella. She scanned the two friends then narrowed her eyes at Amber.

"Miss Amber Shields," she said respectfully. "Sorry for this."

Her eyes began to... to glow. Her blue eyes began to glow, literally radiate light.

"Xavier," Amber said tiredly.

Xavier turned his head and saw his friend stumbling, her hand on her head. "Amber?"

Xavier dropped his umbrella and caught her as she fell. "What the hell did you do to her!" he yelled, turning his head to the woman.

"Nothing," she replied. "She is just unconscious. The same thing will happen to you if do not agree to go with us."

"Why should I go with you lunatic?" Xavier spat. "Get out of here!"

"Think responsibly," The lady spoke calmly. "Your friend's life might depend on your decision." The lady paused and nodded towards Amber.

The girl was unconscious in Xavier's arms, but the thing she was nodding at floated above her. A large piece of the pavement hovered above Amber's throat. The edges of the rock sharp enough to compare to a knife.

Xavier tried to push the rock away, but cut his hand on the edges. He pulled back his arm and stared at his palm. A large, bloody gash was cut into his hand.

He looked over at the pair. Both of them were now looking at him. The other figure, a male, had glowing brown eyes.

"Who the hell are you?" Xavier growled.

"People who are just doing our job," The man responded. He reached into hugs pocket and pulled out a piece of folded paper and handed it to Xavier.

The boy unfolded the paper and looked at it. It was a picture of him, Matt, and Amber. He image was from a week ago. Matt was in the process of slapping his hand onto Xavier's back and Amber was slung around his arm. Xavier remember that moment. He had just gave in to buy them food...

"Our boss said to try and get all three of you, or at least the two boys," the lady explained. "We thought we could get all three of you here... but it seems to other boy isn't here, so you two will have to do."

Xavier thought for a moment. Just what the hell did these people want?

"Wait," he said, not sure what to say next. "I'll go with you on one condition." What the hell was he saying?

"And that condition is?"

"Leave my friends alone." Xavier looked up at the duo, rain dripping from his hair. "Please," he pleaded. "I just don't want them getting hurt."

The partners looked at one another, having a silent conversation, then turned to face Xavier.

"Alright then," the man spoke. "If that's what you want, I've convinced my partner to let her go. She'll bring her to he hospital and I'll take you with me to our base of operations. Sound fair?"

Xavier looked down at his friend. "No, assholes. It isn't, but what choice do I have?"

"That's the spirit!"