Cherokee Rose

For those whose words encouraged me to continue on with my story.

Out on the Greene Farm All but Hershel, Patricia, Rick, Lori, Sophia and Carl are outside collecting Rocks from around the farm and placing them into barrel for them to be placed down in a pile for Otis's memory. A loud rumbling in the distance has everyone turning their heads to the dirt road where Four vehicles, a motorbike, two cars and Dale's RV are getting nearer. Before anyone thinks it, T-Dog is already running his way to the farm house as the others begin their slow walk to the front porch.

Inside the bedroom, Hershel, Lori, Rick and Sophia sit waiting for Carl. The latter practically begging to be moved from the room upstairs so she could be with her friend.

"Fever's gone down" Hershel informs the three and not a second later the boy begins to shift around and wake up.

"Baby?" Lori asks, getting up from her chair and sitting on the side of the bed with Rick standing next to her, leaning closer to his son.

"Carl?" Rick calls gently as the boy's eyes begin to open.

"Sophia, is she okay?" is the first thing the boy asks, the words bringing smiles to the parents faces as they glance to the other side of the bed where the little girl sits, the dark purple cast wrapped around the bottom half of her leg and the majority of her foot so it only shows her toes. Twisting his head, Carl looks at the little girl who smiles shyly back at him as she waves, unable to get up from her seat without help to keep her stable.

"She's fine, just a few broken bones. We're all going to be okay now" Rick continues to smile at his son's obvious affection for the girl.

"Rest, we'll be right here okay?" Lori instructs the boy as his eyes begin to droop closed and he falls back to sleep. The sound of a engine running and the door opening behind them has Lori, Sophia and Hershel turning and Rick looking up as T-Dog appears in the door way.

"They're here" He informs the four.

Sophia begins to struggle forward in the chair to get up but Lori turns to her. "Sweetie, can you stay with Carl?"

"I wanna see Grace and Allison" the young teen mumbles.

"We'll send them in, I'm sure they'd like to see you both" Rick assures her and begins to leave with his wife and Hershel after getting a nod from the little girl.

Making their way outside they come face to face with all the familiar people that have in a way began to be family to them.

"How is he?" Grace asks from her usual spot between Liam and Allison.

"He'll pull through" Lori assures her "Thanks to Hershel and his people"

"And Shane and Jack, we would have lost Carl if it weren't for them" Rick finishes, Grace looks around at the face's trying to judge which of the people there would be 'Jack' but none of the face's there seemed to fit the name. Assuming the person was not the, Grace brushes it off and moves forward, wrapping her arms around Rick as Allison moves to Lori and hugs her too.

"We were so worried" Allison breathes out loud enough for all to here

"Liam told us it was an accident" Dale says as Grace pulls away from Rick and moves to Lori.

"That's all... Just a stupid accident" Rick assures the group. Grace pulls away from hugging Lori, as the door to house opens again but she ignores it, thinking it is just another one of 'Hershel's' people until but a very familiar voice calls out.