Chapter XXXII

Melody's point of view

"Thanks so much for this, Monty. I guess I owe you a favour now, huh," I said after he got into the car.

"How about a date when you come back? When are you, uh, coming back?" He grins sleepily.

"After Christmas. You want me to owe you a date? Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, I want you to go on a date with me."

"Just this once, uh, okay? And then, we should really see other people. It's not healthy for you to wait around for me when I already have someone-"

"You have a boyfriend?" He immediately asked.

"No, I mean, like, I, uh, don't want you to wait for me if I have someone else. It won't be right and healthy, okay?"

"Okay," He says.

I looked at him. I wanted to ask if he is okay because of his simple response but we arrived outside my house.

"You don't have to help me. I can manage myself," I quickly took all the plastic bag from him and begin walking inside my house.

"No, no, Mel. C'mon. I can help you," He chased after me when I almost tripped while I was going up to the porch.

"It's okay, Monty. It's just, it's just a few more steps-" I was trying to snatch the plastic bag back when the door opens.

My eyes widen as Mitch stood in front of us, arms folded across his chest. I looked down at Monty who stood frozen in his spot. Our situation looks horrible. It would look like he was robbing me. I let go of the plastic bag and stood up.

"Thank you for helping me, Monty. I can take care of it now," I cleared my throat and took the bag and went past to the kitchen.

"I don't want you to go near my little sister anymore, do you hear, young man?" I heard Mitch said.

"Please, sir-"

"No. If you come near her, I would have you arrested for sexual assault-"

"I didn't-"

"Do I make myself clear, Montgomery?" I winced.

"Can I at least be her friend-"

"Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, sir," I heard Monty sighed and shuffling of his foot, followed by the sound of his car engines revving off.

"Mel! Thank you so much-" Maddy came in just as Mitch did.

Both of them stared at me guiltily. My cheeks were wetting from my tears. Maddy rushed to hug me. I burst out sobbing onto her shoulder. Mitch stood there, scratching the back of his head.

"He's trying. I know he is. He just needs a lot of help," I mumbled.

"Who?" Maddy asked.

"That ex-boyfriend of hers helped her with the baby stuff just now. I just, I just thought I could have a word with him," Mitch answered for me.

"Okay, then why are you crying, Mel? Do you still like him?"

"No, Maddy, I don't like him anymore. It's just, he has a good side. I know that. I've been judging him based on how he acts towards people that I forgot," I sniffled.

"Well, that's okay, Mel. You've realised that. Now, you can help him be a better person-"

"He'll just hurt you again, Mel-"

"Whose side are you on, Mitchell?" Maddy scolded Mitch.

"I'm just saying that he has hurt Melody's feelings. What if he tries to hurt her and we're not there to protect her? I'm just thinking ahead, okay?"

"He won't hurt me, Mitch. I know he won't," I assured him.

"Well, you will not see him until we come back from New York," Mitch got the last word and left the room.

"Don't cry anymore, okay? You'll be alright," Maddy rubs my back as I wiped my tears.

🎶Mel
Hey, u got home safe?

Monty💕
I went back to Bryce's place

🎶Mel
Oh?

💕Monty
Yeah, crashing here. My parents are fighting again so

🎶Mel
Are you okay?

Monty💕
Yeah, Im fine.
Did ur brother say anything?

🎶Mel
I heard what he said to you.
I'm ashamed of him but he's just being protective.

Monty💕
Yeah, i get it. Don't worry.

Mel
Will you be okay?

Monty💕
Yes, babe.
Don't worry about me.
Spend time with ur family okay?
I'll be fine.

🎶Mel
Don't call me babe.
And if you say so.
Call me if you need anything, okay?

Monty💕
I will 😊

I put my phone away and went to sleep. The next morning comes fast as we had to catch our flight. We carried the sleeping babies to the car but they were woken up to the sounds of the turbulence.

The air stewardess helped us by giving them soft toys each. By the time it is noon, we reached Manhattan and our cousin's house. Micah ran out the door the moment we pulled over in their driveway.

"Melody!" He pulled me into a hug.

"Micah! Hi!"

"Girl, we have a lot to talk about. Let's go!" He helped me carry my luggage into his room.

"Hey, Aunt Marrisa. Hey, Uncle Mason," I hugged them and followed Micah to his room.

"Lunch is ready!" Aunt Marrisa called us back downstairs.

We met in the dining room to eat a few minutes later after I took off my coat.

"It's supposedly snowing tomorrow," Uncle Mason spoke.

"That's great! We can go sleighing!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah. You left your sleigh here anyway so," Micah said after me.

After dinner, Micah and I locked ourselves in his room to do a little gossip session. I told him everything again though I text him every day. All the angry emojis he sent weren't lying.

"I'm siding with Mitch though. Monty should be forgotten after what he did to you!"

I frowned at his statement. "Didn't you hear me? He needs help. I know there are other things bothering him."

TBC
>vote, comment, share! <

author's note

hello, my readers!! I'm here with a new chapter!! I hoped you enjoyed it! I might edit this chapter again. I'm on my phone. I haven't proofread it yet. thank you so much for supporting this book. We've reach 70K reads in two months!!!! I hope this chapter is enough for now 😘