chapter fifteen

Melody's point of view

"Hi, Melody! Can we sit with you?" Alex was by my table with Hannah and a girl behind him.

"Hi! Hello! Sure! Sorry, I was finishing up my essay," I put my papers away and make room.

"Melody, this is Jessica. Jessica, this is Melody, the one we were talking about," Alex introduced me to the brunette who was sitting next to him.

"Hi, so nice to meet!" I smiled and ate my sandwich.

"Nice to finally meet you too! These two have been yapping about a junior named Melody and I am jealous that I haven't met her yet," She laughed.

"Melody, I couldn't find you just now. I wanted to return your gym clothes. Here," Hannah took out my gym clothes in a zip lock bag.

"I came late today and I didn't play PE just now. I was having cramps," I shoved the clothes into my bag.

"Oh, I see," Hannah nodded her head.

"We're hanging out at Monet's later after school. Wanna join?" Alex offered but Jessica elbowed him.

"Thank you but I can't. Sorry," I smiled apologetically, actually knowing that Jessica doesn't want me around just yet.

"Such a shame," Alex grimaced at his rib.

"Melo! Have we been replaced?" Monty, Zach and Justin stopped by my table.

"No, I would never. They're just sitting here for today," I told them.

"Cmon. Sit with us by the courtyard. We have to ask you something," Zach spun the basketball on his finger.

"Oh, OK. You guys can sit here. I'll go see what they want," I waved goodbye and Monty put his arm around me as we walked.

"Who is that guy and the other chick?" Justin asked and sat on the table.

"Alex and Jessica," I told them. "What is it that you have to ask me?"

"Want to hang out later?" Zach asked and join Justin on the table.

"Really? Dragged me out here from my new friends to ask if I want to hang out?" I pressed my lips into a thin line.

"Yeah. Pretty much," Zach laughed.

"We have a biology essay about animals cells due tomorrow, Zach. Have you done any progress?" I crossed my arm over my stomach.

"Done that shit the moment I got home. Chill, Melo," Zach shrugged.

"Where?"

"Bryce's place," Monty interrupted.

"No, thank you. I have to buy groceries at Wal-Mart," I lied.

"Wal-Mart again?" Justin groaned.

"I'll drive you there," Zach offered.

"No, thank you. I left the money and list at home," I lied again.

"Oh, OK then. We still need to hang out though. I miss my best friend," Zach stood up and hugged me.

"We skipped school on Friday together, Zach," I laughed and hugged him back. "But yeah, I miss you too."

"C'mon, princess. We have chemistry class after this," Monty pulled me out of Zach's hug and into the school.

"We don't have chemistry class together, Monty. But we do have great chemistry," I joked.

"You are so cheesy," Monty ruffles my hair.