NO CHOICE LEFT

En başından başla

Hound hated to say that that was indeed the truth. There was still an amber alert out, and at any time, it could get them both into a heap of trouble that Hound didn't want to be in. "Mark..." Hound was silent for a moment "Sometime tomorrow, I want to have a serious talk with you." Mark frowned slightly "When it's just the two of us."

"Why?"

"Because I want this to be private."

Hound tried to hide the longing look in his optics. But he knew he was going to do it: he was going to ask Mark to turn himself in. So that he could recharge at night without worrying every day that he may be on the news, having been found dead in a ditch somewhere. It was becoming increasingly clear that it would be the case if Mark left that week and he never saw him again. It wasn't living in his care, but at the very least, Mark would be in a home, safe, and cared for. Which was without a doubt the next best thing.

"Hey!" Hound turned towards Crosshairs, who was motioning him over "C'mon you two, I want to get back and get a cube of Energon. I'm starving." He then added "You can gawk at the sunset on the way back."

"Alright."

Hound set Mark back on the ground, and transformed, opening his door for Mark. "Hound, are you okay?"

"Fine."

Or at least, he hoped he would be. And for that matter, he hoped Mark would be too.

...

Hound and the other Autobots had only left for a moment the next day when the sound of cannon fire filled their audio receptors. It was loud, and defining, and at first, they believed it to be the Yaegar's new home itself. It was only after tearing back down the road they had driven down that they quickly saw the remains of what had been the new barn, up in flames and with rubble all around. "MARK!" Was all he could get from his cracked voice as the large, purple Cybertronian jet took off into the distance.

For a moment, he went back to the day of the raid on the base where his family lived. He remembered the rubble, the pain, the fear, the anguish as he pulled the bodies of both his sparkmate and son out of the rubble of their home. NO! You can't have him! He shouted through his thoughts as he tore off towards the rubble YE TOOK EVERYTHING ELSE FROM ME! Mark isn't yers to take!

"What the hell is going on!?" He could hear Cade Yaegar shout, rushing out front from inside the house.

Hound made it to the rubble, and immediately began to tear it away. His optics searched frantically for any biological sign. There was nothing, no life signal, no nothing. He could feel his energon tears start to surface. "SLAG IT MARK!" He slammed his fist to the side "You can't be dead! Yer NOT DEAD!"

"Mark? Who's Mark?" Cade stopped beside Crosshairs, and stared up at him "What's wrong with Hound?"

Both Drift and Crosshairs exchanged worried glances, unsure of how to reply. It seemed as though they were all trying to take in what had happened. Until coughing filled the air, followed by choking. Hound's head shot up, and he stood, stepping over the rubble. He found Mark lying on the ground, several feet from the remains of the barn, but somewhat burned and covered in ash. "Primus almighty..." He breathed easily "Mark, Mark, it's okay..."

"C-Cyclonus." Mark choked, trying to sit up and failing "I was right outside the barn... I t-tried to move."

Cade made his way around the corner of the barn, as his eyes immediately fell on Mark. Or rather, Hound's petrified form that hovered over Mark before picking him up, and cradling him against his chestplate. "Would someone mind telling me what a boy was doing in my barn?" Cade looked over expectedly at Tessa "I thought you and Lucky Charms were still going strong?"