5

Kirishima was incredibly nervous, as Mr Might stood next to him, on the second cashier area. He could feel eyes on him, and he wasn't quite sure if it was his boss or the explosive boy, but boy was he nervous! He felt his hand tremble, and sweat drip down his forehead. He absolutely did not want to get fired, and although Midoriya told him their boss wasn't going to fire anyone, it still didn't mean he was allowed to give a poor performance.

   "Welcome! How may I help you?" he asked, as a customer came to him.

   "Hmm..." The customer looked at their menu, then smiled at Kirishima. "Just an espresso will do," he said.

   "Coming right up!" chuckled Kirishima. "How has your day been? Good I hope," he smiled, trying to generate a conversation so the wait for the coffee is shorter.

   "I've had a pretty good day actually," nodded the customer. "I bought flowers for my girlfriend, and I am glad I did," he added. "She loved them! Although the person at the flower shop was a bit grumpy, he certainly knows what flowers would fit any situation," he said.

   'Grumpy?' thought Kirishima with a chuckle. 'Kind of unexpected if you think of the flower shop's stereotypes.'

   "I was going to buy some yellow lilies, but he stopped me before I could actually buy them." The customer laughed sheepishly. "I never knew yellow would be considered more as friendship, so I decided not to give her flowers of her favourite colour," he sighed. "But the flowers he recommended me to take were much prettier than the ones I was going to buy."

   That interested Kirishima. He wasn't much of a flower lover, more into art exhibitions, but he did like flowers. There are so many types of flowers, and he truly wondered what flowers means what. "Oh?" he asked, turning around as he poured the coffee in a cup, then placing the cup on a plate. "What kind of flower did he recommend you to take?" he asked, smiling.

   "Purple and red tulips," said the customer, grinning as he passed the money to the redhead, who entered it in the cash register. "And he was right, she loved them!" he chuckled. "He did tell me they meant 'undying love,' so I think it fit so much," his cheeks were slightly tinted in red, as he thought of his girlfriend.

   "I'm glad you had a nice day! I might check that flower shop one day," smiled Kirishima. "Is it downtown?" he asked.

   "Uh, yeah kinda? Near that other coffee shop," said the customer. "I will be honest and say that their coffee is not as good as here," he smiled. "I love this place!"

   Kirishima grinned at him. "We'll be pleased to see you again, then," he chuckled. "I hope your evening goes well," he waved, as the customer left to take a table. 'A flower-shop, huh? I never thought that this would intrigue me,' he thought. He jumped as he felt eyes on him again, but this time he was sure of who it was.

   "That was amazing!" complimented Mr Might. "You are a fine barista," he said. "Not only do you look good, you are having such a positive effect on the general ambiance of the shop," he smiled.

   Kirishima felt his cheeks heat up, embarrassed at the sudden compliment. "Thanks, sir," he smiled, sheepishly. "Although, I didn't do much..." he murmured, scratching the back of his neck.

   "For someone who hadn't had enough sleep, you are doing amazing," smiled Mr Might, his eyes trailing down from the red eyes to the fade eye bags under them. He was amazed at how Kirishima didn't seem to have a tired smile either, he just kept on going. "I hope you do well on your assignment," smiled Mr Might. "When is it due?"

   "In two days," sighed Kirishima. "I almost haven't started, and I was given a whole two weeks to do it," he said, fiddling with his fingers.

   Midoriya overheard their conversation, and turned off the tap to frown at Kirishima. "You shouldn't procrastinate!" he exclaimed. "It's a bad habit," he added, as Kirishima shrugged.