13 - don't frown

rachel was in her house getting her french homework done when her mother came into her room

"hey, mom." rachel said to her.

"hey, so i've heard from a little birdie that you and stiles are getting pretty close." laura said.

"yeah, i mean i like him. i just want it to work out." rachel replied.

"and it will, if you just put your heart in it and you're both committed. and i've noticed that that boy is committed." laura said with a small smile.

"now, let's not be late to his first game." laura said as she chuckled and rachel got up from her homework.

rachels family drove to the lacrosse field and rachel walked over to scott.

"hey, where's stiles?" rachel asked.

"he's not here yet." scott said as he started to receive a call.

"that's him now." scott said answering the phone.

"did you get my pictures?" scott asked.

"yeah, i did, and it looks just like the drawing." stiles said.

"hey, is there something on the back of it? there's gotta be something. and inscription, an opening, something." derek said.

"no, no, the things flat. and, no, it doesn't open. there's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing. and where are you? you're supposed to be here. you're first line." scott told stiles.

"where the hell is bilinski? huh?" coach finnstock asked.

"man, you're not gonna play if you're not here to start." scott said.

"i know. look, if you just- see my dad, can you tell him... tell him i'll be there, i'll just be a little bit late, okay?" stiles said.

"yeah, okay." scott replied.

"is rachel there?" stiles asked.

"yeah, she's beside me and she wants to talk to you." scott said.

"put her on." stiles replied as scott passed her the phone.

"hey, who the hell is this cousin miguel danny is texting me about?" rachel asked him with a chuckle.

"oh, that's derek i just came up with telling danny he was my cousin." stiles replied.

"hey, we've gotta go but don't do anything stupid. if you need my help just say the word and i'll be there." rachel said before hanging up the phone.

rachel went back and sat down beside valerie and they were waiting for the game to get started.

the game was about to start and rachel still didn't see stiles. she was starting to get worried about him.