Arc 3: (Save)(Needs Editing) Chapter 14

Note: This chapter is pretty much a filler and it skips around a bit

"Summer homework, you have been defeated!" Chika cheered loudly. After dancing in delight for several minutes, she began putting her homework away before it magically disappeared like so much of her homework.

Jewels smiled as she carefully put her own set of papers in her bag. She'd end up losing it somewhere in the house by mistake if it wasn't in her bag. Or at least, she assumed her missing papers were in the house.

"So do we turn them in now or do we turn it in next year with everyone else?" James asked.

They all glanced between each other.

"I think I speak for everyone when I say, especially with done homework, expecting it to stay where we put it all summer and still be there next year is asking for too much." Lyna grimaced.

The group winced. Yeah, keeping up with homework was just not their strong suit. It always had a way of miraculously disappearing if they didn't turn it in quickly. No need to tempt Murphy or badger fate.

"That done with, want to come play with me?" James asked holding up a pair of drumsticks.

"Sure!" Chika chimed for everyone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After an hour long playing session, they all started home barring James. Seeing as his dad was home for once, he was planning to spend the rest of the night with his dad playing games.

Chika had chosen to walk ahead of Jewels and Lyna saying that it'd be a snowball's chance of survival in an active volcano core that she would be the third wheel. She'd even gone as far as to run a few blocks ahead of them.

Lyna hadn't minded. She'd proceeded to stealthily (as she could manage) slip her arm around Jewels' waist before she checked her expression to make sure it was okay.

She took Jewels leaning into her hold as a positive sign and smiled. Then she started slightly when a gentle purr actually slipped from Jewels' lips. For a second, Lyna was slightly worried as this was uncharacteristic of her. When Jewels nuzzled her neck and her tail curved over slightly, Lyna became even more nervous. Seeing this Jewels muttered a reassurance in her ear giving a reason for her actions.

It was just her time of month and Jewels inherited something from her mother that made Lyna almost wish she was related to her if only for the fact Jewels lucked out.

Their style of monthly cycle.

Jewels' mother (and by inheritance/genetics Jewels) only suffered light bleeding, mild mood swings and being more affectionate than usual. It was almost worth not being able to kiss her (because incest) to reap those particular benefits.

Almost.

Lyna refused the idea of not being allowed to kiss her anymore.

The girls split up as they went their separate ways home receiving a text from Chika saying she made it to her house. Lyna made it home herself and was greeted warmly by her parents before she was forced to bed.

Playfully crying about her parents 'betrayal' Lyna did as told somewhat disappointed she had school the next day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyna felt guilty as she privately admitted she liked Jewels on her period. More specifically, she liked how cuddly she got.

As of the current moment, Jewels was curled up on her lap nuzzling into neck while they sat in front of the TV at Lyna's house. Lyna had an arm slung lazily over the smaller girl's hips using the other to flip through the available channels. Sadly, they seemed to have missed all of the good shows that had chosen to air while they were at school.