Chapter 9: The Monster

Start from the beginning

"What is, what the..." he says

"You need to get out of here," Jonathan says

"Whoa, whoa, who is that... what is all...." Steve says but Jonathan keeps pushing him towards the door

"Listen to me, I'm not asking you, I'm telling you to get out of here," Jonathan says

"What is that smell?" Steve says

"GET OUT OF HERE" Jonathan yells over and over. With all the commotion you didn't even notice Nancy pick up the gun until she was pointing it at the two guys.
"Steve, get out," she says

"Wait, wait, wait, WHAT? What is going on?" Steve says as Jonathan moves away from him

"Nancy, stop what are you doing?" you say

"You have five seconds to get out of here," Nancy says

"Nancy, stop it," you say. She isn't listening to you and your worried about what she might do if you don't stop her. You quickly run in front of Steve and hold your arm out signalling her to stop.

"Nancy, whatever you're thinking right now, stop it, put the gun down," you say, confused on why Jonathan is just standing there

"Nancy please, what are you doing?" Steve says from behind you

"Aria, Nancy" you vaguely hear Jonathan yell out but you're too busy trying to stop Nancy.

"ARIA, NANCY" he yells again and you both turn to him

"WHAT?" you both yell

"The lights," Jonathan says so both your heads immediately shoot up

"It's here," you say

"Wait, what's here?" Steve says as Jonathan grabs the Nail baseball bat he made

"Where is it?" Nancy says

"Where is what?" Steve says. You look around everywhere for the monster but you can't see it anywhere.

"Where is it" Nancy yells out again
"I don't know, I don't see it," Jonathan says

"Where is what?" Steve yells again, impatiently but no one answers him

"Hello, will someone please tell me what the hell is going...." He yells out but before he can finish something starts to burst through the ceiling. Nancy tries to shoot it but Jonathan grabs her and you all start to run to Will's room. You see Steve is still watching the monster behind him coming out of the roof so you run back a bit.

"COME ON" you yell grabbing his arm and pulling him with you. You slam the door closed as soon as your all safe inside the room and pull Steve with you to stand behind Nancy a Jonathan. You all watch the door, waiting and listening.

"OK, what the hell was that... what the hell was that" Steve says

"Shut up" Nancy and Jonathan say at the same time. You hear the monster slowly coming down the hall but it isn't attacking you for some reason.

"What's it doing?" Nancy says

"I don't know," Jonathan says. You wait for a bit before the sound footsteps disappear and the lights stop flickering.

"Do you hear anything?" Nancy asks

"No," Jonathan says flicking the lid of the lighter he was holding, closed. He then walks up and opens the door. You all slowly peer out to make sure the monster is really gone. When it isn't there you all sneak your way down the hall and back to the living room. You all look around to make sure there is no sign of it. You look behind you when you suddenly hear Steve start to mutter to himself

"This is crazy," he says over and over, before yelling out and running to the phone. You quickly put your hand up and force the phone out of Steve's hand with your powers, before he can dial anyone. He watches the phone fall to the ground and then looks up at you with wide eyes

"What the hell," he says looking terrified

"Who were you going to call? The police? You think they would believe you?" you say
"You... you... you just... you just moved that... with..." Steve stutters

"With my mind? Yeah, I did" you say 

"What?" Steve says turning around to try and clear his head

"I can move stuff with my mind," you say walking closer to him. Steve turns back to you and when he sees your walking closer he backs away, further into the kitchen.

"I'm not going to hurt you," you say laughing at his reaction. Nancy suddenly walks into the kitchen.

"Steve, that thing is going to come back, so you need to leave, right now," she says. Steve looks between you and Nancy and then rushes past you and out the door. 

"Ok, get ready," Nancy says to you as you both walk back into the lounge to the flickering lights.

"Where is it?" you say when your all backed up against each other, looking around.

"Come on, come on you son of a bitch, either of you sees it?" Jonathan asks

"No" you and Nancy both respond. Suddenly the lights go out completely. You look behind you and see the monster right behind Jonathan.

"LOOK OUT" you yell but the monster grabs Jonathan throwing him to the ground and leans over him. You try to use your powers to push it off him but you're freaking out too much and you can't think straight. You notice the gun on the floor so you run to it and pick it up. You start shooting the monster and it gets off of Jonathan.
"GO TO HELL YOU SON OF A BITCH" you yell still shooting. The monster turns and starts walking towards you. You keep shooting but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. You run out of ammo so you back up against the wall. Just before the monster is about to reach you, you see Steve running in and he starts hitting it with Jonathan's bat. He hits it until it gets stuck in the trap and you run over to him. Jonathan throws you the lighter and you flip it open.
"ARIA NOW" Nancy yells so you launch the lighter toward the gasoline. It bursts up into flames burning the monster alive. Jonathan suddenly runs in front of you both with the fire extinguisher.

"GET BACK" he yells before putting out the fire. You all start coughing when the smoke hits you and when it clears, you see that the monster is nowhere to be seen.

"Where'd it go," you say
"It has to be dead," Steve says but all that is left of it is some sticky glob stuff. You notice one of the lights go on above you so you look up. More and more start to gradually turn on like they are following a trail. Steve gets the bat ready in front of you all as you follow the lights. It ends up leading you outside and you see the street light flicker.

"Where's it going?" Nancy asks

"I don't think that's the monster," Jonathan says
"What is it then?" Nancy asks
"I think it's my mom," Jonathan says

"Ok, well if that thing is really gone then can you please explain to me what it was," Steve says. You all explain everything to Steve. From you being in the lab to what the hell the monster is. However, right before you were about to explain to him about your sister you started to hear a scream in your ears. You stopped talking, feeling the colour drain from your face. It slowly got louder and louder until your ears felt as if they might explode. You collapse to the floor holding your ears. You let out a scream to try and stop the pain but it isn't working. You see Nancy, Jonathan and Steve by your sides trying to get your attention and asking if you're ok, but you can't respond. Suddenly the screaming stops and you fall to the ground, too weak to move.

"Aria, what's wrong, what happened?" Nancy asks concerned, shaking you slightly. You look up, your lip quivering.

"I... I... I think it's El," you say before your sight goes black and your body becomes paralysed.