Chapter Seven

Twins - 1) Two children of the same birth. 2) Link, combine. 3) To provide a match or counterpart.

Emilee opened up the book. Looking as the page landed perfectly on what she was searching for. The Separation spell.

As the girls stood at the alter before her she snatched up the objects.

Clasping the golden heart locket around Elina and silver hearted one around Elena.

The girls held hands as they looked at her. Steeling themselves for what was about to come.

With one last glance she read the incantation. A green light rising from Elena and blue from Elina. The colors merging together. Twisting as they entered through the diamond studded star of both lockets. They blotted shut as the light ceased. Glistening as they hung coyly off the girl's necks.

She knew as time would pass their sealed powers would awaken. On their seventeenth year in fact. Until then Cora wouldn't be able to lay a finger on them. But with both children together she would still be able to sense their hidden power.

She prayed for guidance. For the task she had yet to do was the hardest one yet. Separating the two sisters.

                              ************************************

       I woke up with a start. Looking over at the clock to see it read 4:18 am. The morning of my Seventeenth birthday.

        With a groan I whimpered as a searing pain shot up my left arm. The burning sensation was back. This one as intense as what I'd felt  before Noel appeared coming to my rescue.

       I shook my head at the images that flashed in my mind.

For the past few days after the incident I was having nightmares.

Vivid dreams where someone was calling out to me. A small golden light glittering in the darkness that consumed my sight. As heartbeats, the sound of thousands of them thumped rapidly in the background.

    The voice sounded familiar like a person I should know but I couldn't pinpoint the owner.

Their melodious voice rung still in my ears as the name Ellie whispered through my thoughts.

I rose out of bed pushing the strange dream to the back of my mind as I made my way into my bathroom. Splashing cold water on my face I stared at my hand.

The beginning of what looked to be a blooming lotus flower phasing in and out from my skin.

Scowling, I dried my face. Leaving my room to go get a cold drink of water. Noticing the kitchen light on I tip toed lightly into the room spying Noel seated in the living room a book in hand. Wearing checkered black and white pyjama pants and a white t-shirt fitted tightly over his lean but well-built body. A pair of black rimmed glasses on his face. His hair messily arranged. His eyes piercing into my soul under his dark lashes.

     "Morning Ella. Can't sleep?" He asked. A concerned look on his face as I gluped down the glass of water.

      "Bad dreams" I answered once I was done. He nodded his head probably thinking I was speaking of my near death experience.

      "Would you like to talk about it?"

I shook my head no. Politely declining his offer to share more.

        "Would you like to join me for tea then?" I nodded my head eagerly as he got up. Following him into the kitchen noticing the black tea kettle on fire.