Chapter Two

Locket - 1) A pendant that opens to reveal a space that is used for storing a photograph or precious item. 2) Hearts believed to be the center of the soul by ancient greeks and hold spritual energy within that must remain or body will die. 3) Heart locket a key to these beliefs.

    The Royal family hurriedly dashed through the elongated halls of the castle. Twisting and turning, the space and steps writhing around like a snake. Down, down below they went. Coming upon the last steps toward the dungeon.

     As Amelia set foot on the grimy black floor a wooden mahogany door revealed itself. Encompassing the space between the servants doorway and passage way leading further into the darkness of the depths of the castle.

     Footsteps were heard scuttling down wooden steps, creaking; as three people entered the space through the servant's pass.

   Amelia sighed a breath of relief at the sight of Emilee and Lawrence her two trusted friends. A smile gracing her face at the sight of Nolan a plucky ten year old boy recently adopted by the couple. He was two years older than her daughters.

   With a nod of the Queen's head they followed her through the secret door. Her sliver hearted locket glistening in the sliver of sunlight made by the iron barred window as they all entered. The old door creaking closed with a thud as it disappeared from sight right before a shadowed figure.

                                       *****************************

    I breathed a sigh of relief as I plucked down into a seat. Giving Mr. Walters a toothy grin as I internally high fived myself as the bell rang a full minute after I was seated.

  Grabbing  my backpack i left to my first period class, Art. Gathering materials, old supplies and projects I set forth to my next two classes, Ap English Language and Pre-calculus with a ring from the bell each hour and a half or so.

  The first half of school went of without a hitch.

   Soon finding myself at my locker I grabbed the brown lunch bag i had stuffed earlier in the morning replacing it with my backpack.

   Glancing to the right to see Blake Ross, Rosemary High's own golden boy making a bee line towards me.

    Here we go again.

Slapping a smile onto my face I turned.

  "Hey there El." Blake said putting on a charming thousand watt smile. The same every girl at Rosemary high swooned over.

  "Hi yourself." I replied. Aburtly closing the locker. With my lunch in one hand and school id in the other I made my way down the steps of the third floor to the second.

  "So..." "Your birthday is eight days away right?"

Glancing at Blake and his sun kissed skin and stormy grey eyes. I furrowed my brows in wonder at what he had just asked.

  "How did you know that?" I asked pulling a face.

   Chuckling lightly he smirked answering. "Jason's my best bud remember." Flipping some blond hair out of his face.

   Mentally facepalming myself for forgeting that minor detail I pulled the entrance door open.

  The cafeteria was bustling with chatter and activity as we entered. With its array of hot and ready food to the salad bar. Spying Stevie, Jas, and Isabelle Martinez I made way to our table.