Chapter Five

Savior- 1) A person who saves someone or something from danger or destruction. 2) God, redeemer of souls. 3) Knight in shining armor.

Harold watched as Amelia broke their gaze. Turning around her body tensing as she stared straight ahead. He clutched Elina and Elena close as her presence melted away. A blast sounding in their ears as they were transported to the heart of the temple of Dawn.

   It was the only standing safe haven left. Placed in another dimension by the previous white fairy due to the agnst border wars. That had lasted twenty years. Sixteen years younger than the king.

  They all strolled on following Emilee as they were led down a pathway into a larger room. With its high gold ceiling supported by cream columns. The case thudded on the ground as Emilee knelt before it. Passing her hand over the lock as it clicked. Opening the case, she picked up a large black book its heading appearing as if on cue.

The Chronicle of Forces

 Setting it on a stand in front of the alter she stared at the ancient book. Looking back at the two little girls holding hands behind her she prepared herself. Picking out two glinting objects from the case she lay it aside.

  Preping up for what she was about to do she silently prayed for guidance from her ancestors. The temple's chambers sealing as she got ready to work.

                                       *****************************

  I shot up. Placing my plate on the table next to me I made my way to the side of his hospital bed.

  "Whose this?" Iz asked. A look of puzzlement and attraction on her face as the rest of the gang moved over to get a glimpse.

  "Elena's Savior." Emilee murmured, as she packed the rest of the food and plates up. A secret smile sneaking onto her face. She walked out of the room.

Staring I couldn't help but notice his long dark eyelashes and fair skin. The way his dark brown curls rested to the side of his left eye. His hair like that of the hunter from Once Upon A Time.

My eyes drank him in.

At that instant his eyes popped open.

Soon I was looking into aqua blue eyes. Swimming in them. Noticing the light gray flecks that glinted from the bright hospital light shining overhead.

Jas cleared his throat. Giving me a look while wiggling his eyebrows suggestively as he caught me in the act. Stevie elbowed him in the stomach.

With an oomph he grimanced. Stopping the charade.

  A slow warm smile found its way to Sav's lips. A dimple revealing itself on his right cheek.

"How are you feeling?" he asked me. Leveling his gaze to my face.

"I'm fine. Great actually, all thanks to you."

He smiled wider, dimple growing deeper.

"Thanks so much for what you did." Stevie piped up next to me. Jas nodding his head in agreement.

"Yeah man, you did great." Clapping Sav on the shoulder.

He shook his head, waving a hand at the compliments we were giving him.

"It's my job to save beautiful damsels in distress." He looked over at me. Smiling boyishly at the blush making its way across my cheeks.

Iz, Jaz, and Stevie looked at each other. A shared look passing over their features.

"Kay... so what's your name?" Iz asked

"Noel." He replied.

I heard a slight accent in the timbre of his voice.

Due to the blow he had taken to the head, Dr. Charles had asked me to keep questions simple for Noel. Which I had relied to my friends.

All because of me he had suffered a slight concussion and a few cuts also nearly fracturing his ankle.

"What date is it?" Jas asked him.

"Is it still the thirteenth of june?" Noel questioned. His lips pursed in thought as his eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"Correct." Jas said. As if this were Wheel Of Fortune and Noel had completed a mysterious phrase.

"Where are you from?" Iz asked. A look of wonder on her face.

"I travel around a lot. I was most recently living in London."

I knew I heard an accent.

"Why would you leave London and come to Vermont of all places?" Jas asked.

"I had someone I needed to see." He answered with a shrug.

The door raptured with a close as Dr.Charles reappered. Emilee not far behind him.

"Nolan, how do you feel?" He asked.

"I'm well." He shook his head no as Dr. Charles asked him several questions about his condition. Headaches, Nasea, etc.

"Its great your all right." Emilee said. He smiled sweetly at her.

"Goodness you sure had me worried Nolan. What kind of son gives his mother such a heart attack in the middle of the day." Emilee shook her head with a stren glare thrown at him she sighed in relief.

An incredulous look passed all our features as we all frantically turned our heads between Emilee and Noel.

"What?" I heard my voice scream. "He's your son?" I pointed at him.

"You have a son?" Jas asked dubiously.

"Yep he's lying right there in front of you." She answered smoothly.

"Since when..?"

"Is this were the phrase head blown fits in?" Noel asked.

"Its mind blown." Jas corrected him.

"And yes that defenitely applies to this situation."  Our mouths shut with a click as we processed what we had just learned.

"Well since he seems fine and is all checked out, your free to go." Dr.Charles nodded his head and left.

At that, we gathered our things and walked to the parking lot. Waving goodbye to Stevie, Jaz, and Iz ; I got into Emilee's Black Malibu. Noel seated in the back seat as we drove on.

It was a silent ride home.

It was dark by the time we reached our destination. The car gliding across the crushed stone drive way. Stopping before the big house with its stucco walnut colored exterior and ash colored shigles on the chalet framed roof.

"Home sweet home." Emilee said with a bright smile. We walked up the steps entering the house as I locked the door behind us.