He destroyed the trash into a pile of ash before gesturing to his father and asking, "What now?"

"Police are coming and are setting up a high security prison cell with 24/7 guards." She informed her partner.

Chat smiled, "Good."

He looked at his father who was struggling to hop away before landing on his face. Ladybug saw sadness creep into his features and she asked him, "You okay?"

He chuckled sadly before saying, "I don't know. The whole of Paris will know my identity soon and I just learned my careless father was the villain we've been after for 2 years. It just isn't really awesome right now."

Her worry worsened when she realized Chat gave up the perfect opportunity to say a pun. "Need a hug?"

He turned to her and nodded as she embraced him in a hug. Chat buried his head in her shoulder and started to sob. "Hey, it's okay." Ladybug assured him.

"L-ladybug. I'm sc-scared." Chat admitted.

Internally, Ladybug was screaming and cheering, but on the outside she only blushed. She tried her hardest not to stutter as she said, "Don't be. No more fighting Hawkmoth and no more risking our lives."

"Th-that's not w-why I'm scared. W-we defeated m-my f-father, so we d-don't need our m-miraculouses anymore. I'm sc-scared we won't s-see each other again. I-I don't want to l-lose you." He cried, her shoulder muffling some of his words.

Ladybug's heart broke when he said that. Softly and sweetly, she promised him, "Kitty, we'll see each other again. We won't lose each other."

She tightened the hug before letting him go. He blinked his puffy eyes slowly as she added, "We'll see each other because I'm gonna reveal my identity."

Chat stared at her disbelievingly before asking, "A-are you sure? I kn-know how you w-want to keep your identity a secret."

"I'm sure. And besides," Ladybug said, taking Hawkmoth's brooch out of Chat's hand, "Hawkmoth isn't  akumatizing anyone anytime soon, so he won't target our civilian lives. As for the regular crime and our civilian friends, I'll detransform behind the base of the Eiffel Tower. No. I'll detransform in public so you're not the only one who's identity is revealed."

Chat smiled gratefully at her before she gasped, "I almost forgot! Miraculous ladybug!"

In a few seconds, her powers cleaned up the mess made. If only it could bring back Alya. She thought as a lump formed in her throat.

Ladybug swallowed the lump as Chat's ring beeped, as well as her earrings. She looked around and realized the police had come, as well as reporters. The reporters were watching the superheroes intently, clearly they had heard there conversation.

Chat breathed in before asking, "You ready?"

Ladybug nodded as green light appeared by Chat's feet, hands, and mask. In a matter of seconds, Adrien stood before Ladybug. His kwami floated by his head.

He smiled a movie worthy smile as Ladybug heard reporters say, "You heard the rumors, and now you have proof! Chat Noir is in fact the fashion model Adrien Agreste. And his father, Gabriel Agreste is the infamous Hawkmoth!"

She saw Adrien cringe at his fathers name so she gave him a comforting smile. Taking a deep breath, she felt her transformation start to wear off.

She felt his eyes watch her intently as a red glow appeared and took away her suit. Tikki floated next to her head and she heard her gasp as she saw Adrien with his kwami. "Marinette?" Adrien whispered, shocked, "You're M'lady?"

Marinette looked away and apologized, "I'm so sorry."

"Sorry? Why are you sorry?" Adrien questioned the bluenette.

"You were probably expecting some awesome and courageous girl. Not clumsy, uncoordinated, weird, and awkward Marinette." She explained, looking down at her feet, not wanting to look him in the eye.

The only sounds heard were of the police dragging Gabriel away as Adrien went to stand by her side. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and Marinette blushed hard. "You're non of those things Marinette. What I do know is that you're Ladybug, with or without the mask. And I love you for that."

If Adrien hadn't been next to her, Marinette was sure she would have fainted. Awkwardly, she stuttered out, "You love you? I mean, me love you? Gah!" She lifted her head and looked at him as she asked, "You love me?"

Adrien smiled big and nodded, "Love is an understatement."

Marinette opened her mouth to say something but the reporters beat her to it. They ran up to them, cameras flashing, and started asking questions like, "What are you going to do now? Have you two known each other's identities longer than this?" and, "Are you two dating?"

They both blushed at the last question and Adrien responded, "Don't know. No. And I'm paw-sitive that'll be a yes very soon."

Marinette rolled her eyes when he let his Chat side out. "Now, if you please, me and Marinette we're having a moment!" Adrien said, shooing then away with his hands.

When they left, he turned to her and asked, "You were about to say something?"

She didn't respond, but, with sudden courage, smacked her lips on his. He was startled at first but then kissed back. Cameras were going off everywhere but they didn't care.

Eventually, they pulled apart. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." Adrien breathed out.

"Me too." Marinette said then blushed.

"That was paw-sitively purrr-fect!" He said, grinning.

Marinette heard Tikki giggle as Plagg groaned. "What I'm gonna do with you?" She sighed, laughing a bit.

"You could make me your boyfriend?" The blonde suggested, "And love me for eternity?"

Marinette chuckled before saying, "Deal."

Adrien grinned, picked her up bridal style, and started walking away, kwami in tow.