Tactless

"I can't believe that we are here." Ai gushed as she walked down the streets lined up with different kind of vendors alongside with Miyuki.

"I can't believe that we are here either," Miyuki said with a small amusing grin as he peeked her excitement. "I haven't been to a summer festival in years."

"Kazu-chan I have a question," Ai said changing the subject. "Why are you wearing the beanie that I gave you back in spring?" She asked as she pointed to the hat on his hair.

"Because you made it for me." He simply replied with a shrug of his arms.

Ai's cheeks were slightly ablaze because that really touched her. "That's sweet but... It's summer. Aren't you hot?"

"Not really. I always wear this after I'm done showering." The catcher revealed.

"Aww, that's so sweet Kazu-chan." Ai gushed clasping her hands together.

"I'm not that sweet I just don't feel like brushing my hair most of the time." He deadpanned.

Ai slapped him on his arm. "Way to ruin the moment." She scolded.

Bickering aside... Yes, they were at the summer festival right before summer break ended and they had to start the new trimester at school. The sun just went down making the sky twinge with a mix of blues, pinks, and purples, there was an influx of people of all ages filling up the streets, the air was filled with the delicious aroma of different types of food such as takoyaki and pork buns, and wherever you went you couldn't escape the sound of idle chatter and vendors yelling out to come over to them. Ai was wearing a yellow yukata with pink flowers and a pink obi while Miyuki opted for his favorite red hoodie and dark denim jeans with white sneakers. It was ironic that they were here today because just last year Ai was disappointed that she didn't go to the summer festival with Miyuki and might have or might not have been crying because of that. However, a lot of things change over a course of a year and she couldn't be happier now. Her boyfriend has been going through a rough time but after that night he spent at her house he has been feeling better and a little bit more confident. Sawamura has also been feeling better since he has been learning how to pitch to the outside corners and that has distracted him from thinking to pitch to the inside corner. At times Ai felt helpless because she couldn't help any of the two baseball players since she barely could distinguish a strike from a ball. But she is always going to be there for them and help them in any way she can. Miyuki was her boyfriend and Sawamura was her new friend.

Speaking of the first year pitcher she had to think of ways on how to help him even more. She tries to cheer him up when they go jogging in the mornings, sometimes makes him bentos (she doesn't make them everyday because then a certain catcher would get jealous), and make him keep up with his schoolwork. He claims that she doesn't have to do anything more but Ai disagrees with him since she was here at the summer festival with Miyuki because of him. He was the one who made it possible.

Flashback:

"Yukimura-senpai look!" The southpaw pointed at a poster on the bulletin board as they were both running through a park. "The summer festival is this weekend." He said once he made out the words from the poster.

"Yes, so it seems," She commented while maintaining the same pace as him. "But don't get any ideas. You are NOT going to the summer festival because you haven't even started with your summer break assignments yet." Ai scolded.

Sawamura frowned in anger. "I already know that Yukimura-senpai," He spat sounding offended. "I was mentioning it because of you."

"Because of me? Why?" Ai asked confused.