The Power of Misunderstandings

Time has been going by quickly considering the fact that Miyuki hasn't been himself for over a month now. He is still feeling pretty depressed with the whole situation with Ai but is getting better at pretending that everything is fine with him. Miyuki couldn't put his guard down because Kuramochi was almost onto him a couple of weeks ago. Ever since then, he made sure to push away all thoughts related to Ai when he was either around Kuramochi or the rest of his teammates. It seems that it has been working because Kuramochi hasn't interrogated him again and everything was back to normal with them.

Depression isn't the only feeling that Miyuki has been experiencing ever since Kuramochi confronted him that day in class. It was also the same day where he saw Ai and that guy talking very comfortable with each other, and ever since he saw them other type of feelings have taken over him. It was such an uncomfortable feeling that settled in the pit of his stomach and the worst part is that he can't quite put his finger on it. He felt stricken with dread, sadness... and Anger? That last emotion was the thing that was truly throwing him off. He guessed that it was sort of understandable not liking seeing the girl who you used to have sex with talk to another guy, but did that justified his anger?

Much to Miyuki's dismay he has seen them together many times after that and everytime he saw them together he had this overwhelming urge to interrupt their conversation and drag Ai away from him. It sounds ridiculous but that's how he strangely feels. Every time he sees them together he can feel his blood boil with anger but at the same time he feels sick to his stomach with a feeling of anxiety. Why is he so angry? What is he so anxious about? But most importantly why was he becoming more and more obsessed with this guy as time goes on?

Miyuki never took an interest in knowing his classmates or anyone besides the team but all of that has been changing as he is noticing that Ai is becoming much more closer to the unwelcoming stranger. So Miyuki actually started discreetly eavesdropping in other people's' conversations to find out who this guy exactly was. After all he couldn't allow Ai to get hurt by another person since he already hurt her, or at least that was the excuse that he told himself. Miyuki was quite surprised that his eavesdropping plan worked as fast as it did, since he figured that it would take a couple of days to collect data, but he was proven wrong. He found out everything he had to know in a record time of one day. Which also means that his classmates are worse than a bunch of gossiping housewives.

The name of the guy who has been lately harassing Ai is Yamamoto Atsushi. He is in the same grade as them, he is in class 1-A, he is a Cancer, his blood type is negative O, he is 5'8, one of the top students in his class, is one of the best players in the soccer team (who knew that Seido had a sports team besides baseball?), and was known as an all around attractive nice popular guy. He owed this valuable information to some girls in his class who just wouldn't stop gushing about how cute Ai and Yamamoto would look if they were an official couple. Miyuki's stomach flipped when he heard that since it was not as if it was they were lying.

This Yamamoto dude was the perfect match for Ai. Until now, he hasn't heard nothing but good things about this guy and he didn't seem like he would hurt Ai. Despite that fact Miyuki couldn't bring himself to feel happy for her even though he knew that she could be truly happy. He hated feeling like this this. Why couldn't he just be happy for her? He couldn't possibly be feeling.... Jealous.. Right? Why would he feel jealous? He didn't have feelings for her. He didn't have feelings for her at all.

But he does feel angry, anxious, helpless, and sad all around the same time. So what could he possible be feeling other than jealousy?

Miyuki tried to shake those thoughts away because then he would start to space out and even though it was lunch period, that didn't meant that Kuramochi wouldn't notice. The last thing he needed was to Kuramochi question him again. Instead, he tried to focus on his surroundings. It was Valentine's day and girls were frantic carrying their bag of chocolates to give to their crushes. Miyuki thought that Valentine's day was a stupid holiday that even though it was supposed to celebrate something pure such as love and friendship it has been terribly commercialized. Unfortunately not many people thought that way and by people he meant the girls in his school.