Nine

Chapter Nine:

"Maybe we should go after her." Peter said pacing back and fourth, "What if we lose her again?"

"She wanted to go off." Was Mr Stark's reply.

"You need to go after her." Drax said, with a small frown on his face. "If she is family, do not lose her."

Everyone turned to face the man, only Peter and Tony had no idea what was going on.

"His family was kind of killed." Quill stated, "Really killed, actually."

Peter nodded sadly, he could hardly remember what his parents looked like that this point. Their faces just a blurred mass in the back of his head, trying to focus but never succeeding.

"I'm sorry." Peter told him, "I really am."

He nodded before walking over to Quill and standing close to his own friends, Peter turned to Mr Stark again and stared at him.

"We can't just let her go. What if Thanos comes back again?"

"He won't."

"Bullshit." Peter blurted out, receiving a glare from Mr Stark. "He wants the glow thing that the Wizard has, he's going to be back."

"Yeah. I really don't like you." Strange stated.

Peter huffed, "I'm going to go get her to come back." He declared walking in the direction she had left.

"Kid, you gotta stay here" Mr Stark said.

"How come she doesn't?"

"Parker."

Peter kept walking, guilt settling in his chest.

"I'll bring her back."

"Peter."

Peter stopped, frowing he made himself continue walking. He was coming back, with Hazel. But- Mr Stark had never called him by his first name before which Peter still thought was bizarre.

"I'm bringing her back." He said again, to who he didn't really know.

His mind wandered off, thinking about things that never crossed his mind before because he was to busy living in the moment.

Why was he here? Peter was just a kid, him
nor Hazel should be in space. Peter knew he should of went home when Mr Stark told him too, forced him to a couple of times with little tricks. But here he was, getting lost on a planet nobody's heard off trying to find his friend so they should defeat a purple man from destroying half of the universe.

Yes, he's always wanted to be an Avenger but at what cost? Mr Stark wouldn't of let him in if they weren't under such pressure, if the world wasn't at stake. He wondered what Ned and Michelle were doing, if they ever got off the bus. If Aunt May was at home, most likely watching the news and trying to get ahold of him- needing him to be ok. He was, but it was going to end soon. Peter had this weird, unsettling feeling that settled in his stomach and stuck there. Something big was going to happen, it was coming fast.

"Hazel!" Peter yelled starting to run, "It's me."

With no reply Peter continued running, trying to think of what Hazel would do.

If he was Hazel, what would he do?

He'd probably be angry and upset, when she's angry and upset she likes to yell, he knew that. Ever since she got better at her abilities she'd practice and take her anger out on the elements.

"Hazel!" Peter yelled attempting to feel any, disturbances. The wind, there was a strong wind blowing Peter straight, carrying him with it.

"Hazel." Peter said again, "This better be you."

The planet shook, Peter's eyes widened trying to look around.

Peter tumbled onto the ground, sliding in red dirt. Coughing he sat up, shaking his head he took a look around.

Hazel was in the distance, moving her hands wildly around.

Peter could see the wind follow her hand, causing a little tornado at her feet. He watched memorized as she stomped the ground three times and thunder crackled on the foreign planet. Rain poured down, all being sucked into the small creation she had made. Now the tornado moved with water leaking from it, again Hazel stomped on the ground but this time the creation fell into it, disappearing. Stretching her fingers a flame lit in her palm, it danced as she seemed to watch it carefully. Slamming her hand onto the ground a circle of flames formed around her, stretching far above her causing Peter to zone back in.

Pulling himself up off the ground he got as close as he could get before the heat was unbearable.

"Hazel" he yelled over the surprisingly loud noise the fire made. "Wanna make the fire go away?"

As soon as the words left his mouth the flames shot down, not disappearing but at a length where Peter could step over it and join her.

"Are you ok?"

"I have nowhere to live."

"You can stay with me and Aunt May."

She shook her head.

"Why won't you just stay with us? You're over all the time anyways."

"I can't."

"Why not."

She looked up at him, a frown on her lips.

"I can't tell you that."

Peter huffed crossing his arms, "wanna make the fire go away?"

Hazel shook her hand and closed her palm into a fist, throwing her hand down to her side the flames dissolved into the ground.

"He won't actually kick you out, he wouldn't do that." Peter said, "You're both just mad."

"I know."

"Then we gotta go back and stick with the others because that Thanos guy will come back whenever."

Hazel sighed but nodded, they both turned and started to walk back.

"I'm sorry."

Peter chuckled.

"Peter?" She moved closer to him, he tangled his hands together in a nervous motion. "Do you think we'll win?"

Peter went silent, he listened to the sound of their feet on the ground.

"We have too."

Hazel didn't say anything else until they reached the group, all the others had managed to find their way back to where the broken ship was - next to the guardians nice working one. Peter tried not to laugh when they told them their group name, it sounded like a failed boy bands name.

Mr Stark and Hazel didn't say anything to each other, instead Hazel walked with the woman named Mantis. They both were laughing at something Hazel had said, Quill walked on the other side of Hazel and chuckled along with them.

"Mr Stark."

"What."

All Peter could think about was what Hazel had asked him, a question he didn't know the answer to because it seemed to far away.

"Do you think we'll win?"

Mr Stark never replied.