Chapter 57 | Melodrama

Start from the beginning

"Hi mommy! Na receive mo pala text ko, salamat at naka dating ka." Parang wala sa sarili na sabi ni Liam. He doesn't sound like he meant to call Joan mom, but Joan looks like she was about to cry a river dahil sa saya.

"Walang problema, pero I thought you don't wanna see me anymore?" Nag takaka na sabi ni Joan. Liam chuckled slightly, that made us all frown.

"Look at this, you guys are all here! My best friends, my whole family!" Liam exclaimed standing up, muntik pa siya tumaob.

"I just wanted to see you guys for the last time." he continued.

"Liam, ano bang pinag sasabi mo?" Nag takaka kong tanong.

"This is what I'm talking about." Sagot niya, pulling out his right hand on the pocket of his hoodie. Revealing the gun he was clutching. Tinutok niya 'yun sa kanan na sintido niya, that made us all froze.

"Liam...drop that gun." Mahinahon na paki usap ni Tristan, stepping closer to where Liam was standing.

"'Wag kang lalapit!" Sigaw naman ni Liam, putting a finger on the trigger. Kaya na tigilan si Tristan.

I swallowed the lump on my throat, my heart is beating rapidly. Kaunting kalabit sa trigger and my best friend will be gone, in front of me, in front of us.

"Liam, please drop that gun...we can talk this out." Tristan calmly said, but his face look panicked. While Joan was controlling her sobs.

"And then what? You'll send me to a mental hospital. No Dad." Sagot ni Liam. The gun was still pointed on his head. Napa tingin naman sa akin si Ace, giving me a look na what if kunin namin 'yung baril, kung hindi ako nag kakamali. I shook my head slightly, returning my attention to Liam.

"No, of course I won't I promise. Just tell me anything you want, I'll give it to you, Liam." Tristan assured him, that made Liam chuckled dryly.

"Anything? Well you could've gave me a happy family from the beginning, but you didn't! That is what I want! Not this fancy house, your money or whatsoever! Now can you gave me that? No! We're already damaged! You two are separating, you found another man, and I'm a complete fuck up, so what's the sense? Hindi niyo naman din mabibigay sa akin tanging gusto ko, wala ng patutunguhan buhay ko, I couldn't be happy, there are no fucking reasons to live!" Sigaw ni Liam who now crying angrily, sa mga magulang.

"Ganoon mo na lang kami iiwan?" I suddenly ask, dahilan para mapa-tingin sa akin ang lahat including Liam.

"I know Ace and I aren't the perfect best friends that you could ask for and we will never be, marami din kaming pag kukulang bilang kaibigan and we are sorry. Pero Liam, when these people," I pause, pointing at his family.

"Weren't there for you, nandito kami, you might think that your family don't give a fuck for you then we do! Liam this isn't you, this isn't the end of the line. Hindi mo kailangan mabuhay para sa kanila, o maging para sa amin, mabuhay ka para sa sarili mo!" Dagdag ko. He was just staring blankly at me, his grip on the gun aren't loosening.

"This is my fault. I'm sorry, that you becamle this way, son. I'm sorry. Please don't do this." Umiyak na sabi ni Joan, kaya napa tingin naman sa kaniya si Liam. Guilt was obvious on Joan's voice.

"I admit that I'm not a perfect father, I thought that giving every material thing you need or want, then leave you there would sustain everything and help you be independent but I didn't know you need family support and I'm sorry if your mother and I push you at this point. But we still hope you forgive us, let us make it up to you." Sabi naman ni Tristan, wiping his own tears.

"Marami kaming pag kukulang sa'yo, but never doubt that we love you and care for you, whether we show it or not." Clyde finally spoke. Joan and Tristan agreed by nodding.