eleven | 真実

真実 | truth

Yuki had her head down as she sat in the quiet hallway of the hospital. Her eyes continued to tremble as she recalled the incident that had led to this happening.

He rushed over to her as a Green's clansman was close to stabbing her. But when he did, it was as if her abilities went on another level, blinding everyone around them, covering them both in a white, glowing sphere.

In that sphere, Yuki could see clearly, the two people sitting on the bench that resembled the one in the park where Saruhiko grew up. But it was in a much older time, and it could be seen, that the two people were Saruhiko and her.

"I love you." He said to her, his eyes glistening with sincerity and passion, "I love you more than anything."

The two shared a passionate kiss on the bench and Yuki felt her eyes water as she watched from afar.

"I love you." The girl said back to him, and as they enjoyed the night together, she could see herself suddenly falling to the ground in pain.

"Yuki!" Saruhiko shouted, trying to aid her but she told him to stay back.

"The Slates, they've awakened the Seven Kings." She told him, "Saruhiko, you have to get away from here. People are going to get hurt."

Saruhiko refused, and once he did, her abilities began taking over, hurting him in the end. It completely stabbed him, and when that happened, Yuki's abilities stopped immediately.

She rushed to him, crying her eyes out and apologising over and over. But then that was when the Silver King came to her, and took her to the place where she had stayed for nearly a century, with no memory of her life before, and no memory of Saruhiko.

"He will be safe. He will live to his next life, but he won't remember you, just like you will not remember him." The Silver King told, and as Yuki remembered this, she began tearing up and finally, the puzzle pieces she had tried so hard to connect were finally in one piece.

"He's awake." Awashima said, and Yuki stood up, eyes red and puffy from crying. The blonde walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"The Captain is having a talk with him. I think he's going to shorten the days before you two have to do your job." She said.

"I knew this was going to happen. But, Seri-chan, he's alright, right?" Yuki asked.

"He's alive. It almost struck his heart. An inch closer and he would've been gone."

Yuki saw the Captain walking out, and he looked at her as he placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"I'm fine. He took the stab, not me." She told him, "I should've been more aware."

"Nobody can predict that would've happen. I think you should go talk to him."

She nodded, and walked inside the hospital room, where Saruhiko was sitting up, shirtless due to the bandages that had been wrapped around his body, and he looked at her, his eyes dark and unreadable.

"Saruhiko." She called him name as she stood beside him, "You're alive. Thanks goodness."

He refused to speak, and she asked him what was wrong.

"You didn't tell me about Reisi." He said, hurt in the tone of his voice. She was surprised he was affected by it, and when she tried to place a hand on his shoulder, he slapped it away, which hurt her more than he thought.

"It's not my choice to make, Saru," she told him in her defense, "I have to do it or else the Slates cannot be protected. I have no other option here."

He refused to look at her, and he said, "Then why were you so attached to me when you had to do that. You were wasting my time."

"That's not true. I was-"

"You always lie." He said, his eyes looking at her with a deadly glare, "I don't want to hear it. I think you should leave."

She felt hurt, and she ran out of the hospital room, sobbing and once she was gone, it began snowing in Saruhiko's room.

Saruhiko couldn't deny he felt guilty for saying such things. But he was hurt by her actions, on how she could be supposedly connected with another man but still allowing herself to be involved with him.

But when the snow fell onto his hands, he realised it wasn't just snow that had fallen onto them, but there were tears too.

Removing the maroon coloured bands around his wrists, he still saw the mark that seemed to have appeared on him when she first came here. It made him wonder, what was the truth in all of this?