~2. A King's Request~

Start from the beginning

"Now then...Youmust hurry, Linkle. Before it's too late..." the voice faded awayas did the light. It was all quiet now leaving Linkle to stare longerat the castle.

"This voice...coming from the castle... who is she? And... why am I getting chillsfrom seeing that thing?" Linkle asked herself while wrapping herarms around herself. It was another feeling familiar to her.

Linkle slowly andcarefully made her way down the tower. She hit the ground with a thudand grunt. Not a minute later, she heard someone approach.

"Ho!" it wasthe old scavenger man flying in with some sort of glider.

"My my... itwould seem we have quite the enigma here. This tower and others justlike it have erupted across the land, one after another. It is almostas though... a long-dormant power has awoken quite suddenly. If youdo not mind me asking... Did anything... odd occur while you wereatop that tower?" He asked with a glint in his eye.

Linkle lookedtoward the castle for a moment and the old man noticed.

"Would youbelieve me that I heard a voice? Not just from that castle, but itwas the same voice I heard when I woke up." Linkle said turning tothe man.

"Well, now! Avoice you say? And did you happen to recognize this mysteriousvoice?"

"No, not that Iknow of" Linkle replied.

"I see. Well,that's unfortunate." he said making Linkle look questionably athim. He turned to the castle.

"So, you'vecaught sight of that atrocity of a castle. That... is Calamity Ganon.One hundred years ago, that vile entity brought the kingdom of Hyruleto ruin. It appeared suddenly and destroyed everything in its path.So many innocent lives were lost in its wake. For a century, the verysymbol of our kingdom, Hyrule Castle, has managed to contain thatevil. But just barely. There it festers, building its strength forthe moment it will unleash its blight upon the land once again. Itwould appear that moment is fast approaching..."

Linkle continued tostare off at the castle while the old man looked at her in thought.

"I must ask you,young lady... Do you intend to make your way to the castle?" heasked.

Linkle paused. Whydid he sound like he was testing her, as if he was urging me to go?

"I... I don'tknow. This is all confusing to me and I don't feel like it's my placeor business to deal with that... thing. Unless... I have a purposethere..." Linkle replied.

The old man made asmall chuckle.

"Everyone has apurpose. If you wish to know yourself, whether that castle is yourpurpose or not, I can guide you along in order to find yourself.Here, on this isolated plateau, we are surrounded on all sides bysteep cliffs with no way down. If you were to try to jump off,well... no death could be more certain. Or more foolish. Of course,if you had a paraglider like mine, that would be quite anotherstory." He said, smirking.