Found

"It's funny how some of the werewolves and vampire are," Simon smiled, thinking about how sworn enemies such as the vampires and werewolves could work so well together once united by a common cause. 

"Makes you wonder why we can't work get along," Luke smiled back, glancing towards the young vampire.

"So, Nyx and Clary getting us to fight together was..." Simon began with furrowed eyebrows. 

"It was practically a miracle," Luke cut in, taking a quick glance towards the newbie vampire. "It says a lot about who they could be as leaders."

"She's got moxie," Simon smiled, thinking about his long-time crush Clary.

"She'll be alright," Luke smiled, also thinking about Clary.

"Because she's with Jace?" Simon asked bitterly, his mood instantly dropping with the thought of the blond-haired shadowhunter. He could not believe how one guy who wasn't even that good looking could steal his best friend away from him in a matter of days, when Clary and him had been best friends for years.

"No," Luke shook his head, sending a questionable look to Simon, "because she's a fighter, like her mom. Both Nyx and Clary are. They'll both fight their way back to us if they have to." Both Downworlders stopped walking, but instead stood under the dimly lit setting surrounded by graffiti and dirt.

"Well, not that this Downworlder thing isn't fun but...but it's not. I just wanna go home," Simon admitted to Luke, his hands in his jacket pockets, thinking about how much he missed his mother and sister, and how much panic and stress he had caused them to have over him. Simon turned to leave, but was stopped by Luke grabbing his arm, a stern yet gentle look on his face.

"You can't," Luke shook his head. "Not until you control your impulses. You understand me? Just keep practicing."

"Okay," Simon nodded quickly, not used to Luke being that firm on him. Just as Luke was about to release the young vampire, they both heard a voice behind them.

"Luke Garroway. Don't move." 

It was Officer Fisk.

"Here we go," Luke sighed in annoyance. "Okay, just do as he says," he told Simon with a slightly reassuring glance, still keeping a hand on the his arm.

"Shut up!" Fisk yelled, stepping closer to the two. 

"Turn around! Nice and slow... that's it." Luke and Simon did as they were told, and slowly turned around to see Fisk with his gun raised and pointed at them. Well, pointed at Luke. "You didn't think you could hide forever, did you, Garroway?"

"I figured I'd try," Luke retorted, not even batting an eyelash at the gun pointed at his chest.

"We'll put this one down as an epic fail, then. I'm taking you in," Fisk retorted with overbearing confidence. Luke quickly looked to the side when he heard Simon growling and hissing with uncontrolled emotions.

"Calm, Simon," Luke ordered the vampire lowly. Simon's fangs were almost seen by Fisk, but they were masked by his mouth. His eyebrows were furrowed as he tired to calm down, but struggled to maintain his urges under control.

"Simon," Luke warned.

"Stay where you are," Fisk pointed the gun at Simon briefly, but turned back to Luke. Simon, giving in to his urges, showed his fangs and ran towards the source of the delicious and irresistible aroma that was Fisk's blood.

"Simon, no!" Luke yelled out, but Simon was already gone. The vampire rushed towards the human, who screamed in fear and fell back as Simon pushed into him, his gun firing once into thin air, before Luke intervened, successfully saving the officer's life. He knocked Fisk unconscious and took his gun away, leaving him to walk towards the shocked vampire who stood staring at the motionless figure.

"I was ready to rip his throat out," Simon could not believe himself. He could not believe that he was this close to ending another's life. "How'd you stop me?"

"Wolf reflexes," Luke shrugged, also staring at Fisk's sleeping body.

"Who the hell is this guy?"

"Internal Affairs," Luke answered simply. "Thinks I killed my captain and other people connected to demonic murders," he explained more, causing Simon to look up at the older man in shock.

"Did you?" Before Luke could answer, they both heard something again. This time, it sounded like someone was stumbling and dragging their feet, almost like they were drunk. Simon's head snapped to the side, his fangs out again and growls slipping past his tongue. His whole body was tense, and his fists were clenched so tight, that his knuckled popped. Luke immediately knew why Simon was acting this way, because he could smell it too; blood. Lots of it. And somehow, it smelled familiar to Luke.

Before their very eyes, they saw a figure emerge from the shadows, and the first thing they saw was a head of fiery red hair. Unmistakable fiery red hair. It was Nyx, and she did not look good at all. Luke and Simon stood frozen in shock as they saw how Nyx appeared ashy pale and trembling in ripped black clothing, her face beaded with sweat and smeared with dirt and dried blood. In her hand was a slipping seraph blade, and her other hand clutched at her side that appeared to be bleeding, based off the blood that covered her hand and wrist.

"Luke? Simon?" Nyx muttered in a daze, tilting her head to the side as she squinted at the two people in front of her. Her world blurred in and out of focus, feeling how the blade slipped out of her hand, and how her knees came crashing to the asphalt, her body following closely next.

Luke reacted quickly while Simon stayed put, trying to keep himself from attacking the collapsed, severely injured girl. The werewolf rushed to the girl he considered his daughter, and quickly caught her head before it slapped against the ground. He was shocked and confused. How had Nyx become like this? He thought she had returned to the institute or had gone with Jace and Clary, but here she was, injured and traumatized. His eyes widened as he saw a couple of veins in her neck blackened unnaturally, how some veins were engorged and how colorless her skin looked. She looked like death. He vowed quietly to himself, whoever had done this to his little girl would suffer immensely. Though he had an inkling as to who had done this in the first place. 

"We need to get her help, she's losing a lot of blood," Luke rushed out, looking back to Simon as he applied pressure against the bleeding wound on her side, his eyes glowing a light shade of green in his panic. Simon did nothing and said nothing, keeping himself away from the blood as he gulped and closed his eyes, trying not to breathe even if it was unnecessary to him.

"Simon!" Luke yelled out, glancing at the vampire once again. Simon jumped and opened his eyes, staring at Luke with unsure eyes.

"What do I do?" Simon finally asked, desperate to help yet keeping a distance. Luke opened his mouth but nothing came out. He was at a loss himself. Sighing, he gathered her in his arms and quickly gestured for Simon to do the same with the unconscious officer, who they both knew had to deal with before he could wake up. 

"Grab him, we're going back to the restaurant, we'll think of something once we're safely there," Simon did as he was told, and gathered the man into his arms, throwing him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. He clenched his jaw so tight that he heard a couple of cracks. The smell of his blood was next to his face, and he didn't know if he would last long. But he had to, not only for Luke but for Nyx, who had saved him before without hesitation. Nyx was hurt and was currently dying, if Simon had a chance at repaying her for saving his life, then he would take it in less than a heartbeat.

The two men disappeared into the night, the only thing that marked their existence at the site in the first place, was the drops of crimson liquid that dripped down from Nyx's wound, staining the ground with the blood that was contaminated with foreign fluids that forever would change how Nyx came to be.