Arrested

"You call this love? This nothing?" Simon growled in anger, his teeth bared as he spoke to Clary, not believing what his supposed best friend did in the name of love. "Where I feed and I have to hide from the sun, and I can't bear to be by the people that I love? Did you ever think about that, Clary? How I would feel, what I would be?"

"Simon," Clary was in tears, her breath coming out in choppy pants as she tried to hold her emotions in. "Please understand..."

"Just stay away from me," Simon wretched his arm away from the redhead. Clary took a step back and let a tear roll down her eye, all of her sister's warnings coming to mind, building up the regret and anger and sadness that threatened to overtake her very being.

What have I done? Clary thought as she feared she had lost her best friend for the second time in just one day.

***

"Hey what the hell do you think you're doing?" Nyx snapped as a couple of Shadowhunters, including Lydia, Jace and Alec, barged into her room and began to make a whole mess of it; opening her drawers and dresser and looking through her clothes, turning the bed sheets... 

"We're looking for the Cup," Lydia informed her as she stood by the doors with Alec and Jace. A Shadowhunter opened a drawer that held all of her...delicates, and started to inspect it. Nyx rolled her eyes and ripped the piece of thin garment from his hands and shoved it back in, pushing the man away from her and the furniture. 

"I'm pretty sure the cup isn't there," she snapped angrily, turning to shoot the Clave envoy a spine-chilling glare that actually caused the blonde to step back a little. "Tell them to leave my stuff alone and to get out, before there's any bloodshed involved."

"We won't leave until the room is clean, and if you know that the Cup isn't here,  you have nothing to hide and will let us search the room from floor to ceiling," Lydia smirked, a hand clutching at a small tablet that held a file open, the white glow illuminating her skin and turning it paler than it already is.

"I don't," Nyx scoffed, "I just like my privacy."

A couple of minutes passed and the Shadowhunters still didn't find anything, so they made one last round around the room, searching every nook and cranny before calling it quits.

"This room's clean," a dark skinned man told Lydia, who sighed lightly and nodded, gesturing for her party to head out into a different room. However, just as she was about to leave, she suddenly stopped, her eyes glued to the screen, with her fingers hovering over the edge of the doorframe. 

"It says here that you left the Institute earlier and didn't return until just a few hours ago," Lydia stated as she turned around to face the redhead after giving the other Shadowhunters a nod to continue their work. "Where did you go?"

"A nice walk for fresh air. You should try it, it helps with the nerves," Nyx commented with a cool smirk on her face. She may seem calm on the outside, but she's cursing in every language she knew- and she knew a lot- on the inside. Nobody knew she left except for a select few people: her sister, Raphael, Isabelle, Jace and Alec- Simon as well, but he was kind of dead so... it probably wasn't him. By the look on Alec's face, it was him that was responsible for writing whatever Lydia was reading. 

"I'm gonna ask again, and this time, you're going to tell me the truth. Where did you go?" Lydia walked closer to the redhead, a calculating look as her expression that competed with Nyx's stone-cold poker face.

"And I'm going to tell you again, I just went out for a walk," Nyx replied, thinking that Lydia's supposed 'intimidating' expression was downright adorable if anything.