Guetta's Already A Downworlder

" You don't get to talk to me Captain America! " was the first thing Nyx heard as she walked inside the institute that late afternoon. 

" Considering I'm the guy with the guns, I get to say what I want, " Jace stated with a roll of his blue eyes.

" Okay, come at me bro! " Nyx wasn't the only one that rolled her eyes at that, knowing full well that Simon was all talk and no action being as scrawny as he is, it'd be a miracle if he survived a punch to the face let alone a full on fight.

" Hey! What's the problem? " Nyx took matters into her hands as she stepped between Simon and an irritated Jace, arms crossed over her chest as she looked between the two grown men.

" He's my problem. He's just like Kirk Duplexes from high school, " he directed the next words to Clary, who had just arrived at the scene and stood beside her older sister. " You remember him? Total jerk with the square jaw. Smelled like body spray, always bullying people. Why don't you do your own homework? Just once, yeah, " and what did that have to do with Jace or anything relating to this in general... Nyx will never know. Unless he's trying to say that Jace was a bully who never did his homework, Simon would have to think of something a bit better to insult the shaodwhunter because right now, he's just making a fool of himself in front of one of the people that helped rescue his butt from those blood sucking freaks.

Wait...Did Nyx just defend Jace inside her own mind? She never defended anyone she didn't trust nor tried to break up a fight that would have given her a decent amount of amusement during these stressful times.

Then Simon was gone, hurrying to exit possibly the only place besides headquarters that would offer him a safe haven from the supernatural world out there.

" I'm not saving him a second time, " Jace told Clary.

" Please, if anything, I did most of the saving, " Nyx retorted, watching Clary give both of them an angry look before calling out Simon's name and running after him.

" Sure you did, " Jace grinned at her, " by the way, where did you go earlier? " he asked, hoping to at least get something out of her.

" Nice try but unlike Clary, I don't trust easily, and if you want my trust, you have to earn it, " Nyx said as she began to walk towards the room that had been given to her by the head of the institute, Hodge Starkweather. " And the answer to your question is non of your business, " she said as she turned her head for a second before disappearing around a corner.

Jace sighed in frustration. Never had he wanted to know more about someone in his entire life, but hey, what's life without a few challenges.

 [][][][][]

" Magnus Bane, " Hodge spoke, holding a tablet which was connected to a big monitor that showed a picture of the warlock. The only word Nyx would use to describe him would be... sparkly.

" He's over 300 years old and, as you can see, he's not exactly shield away for the pleasures of every century, " he continued. " His tastes are both exquisite and quiet excessive. "

" He looks like the downworld's David Guetta, " commented Clary.

" Guetta's already a downworlder, " Isabelle explained with a grin, " vampire, every seen him in daylight? "

" Can you two focus? This isn't a joke, " leave it to Alec to dampen the mood, but hey, Nyx wasn't judging, if he didn't say that she probably would have.

" Someone needs to get slayed, " Alec glared at his sister for that.

" Alec's right. Now Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust for Shadowhunters, " Hodge informed the group.

" Well, then why did he help my mom remove our memories? Isn't she a Shadowhunter? " Clary asked, gesturing to herself and her sister.

" He might have not helped our mom, but provided a type of service in exchange for a payment, a big one I bet, " Nyx explained, earning a nod of agreement from Hodge, who gave her a smile before speaking again.

" She's right, warlock's usually require a payment before they help anyone with anything. "

" Word from the Clave is that most of the warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them, " Alec told the group.

" Valentine must be searching for the warlock, where did Jocelyn- " he was cut off when the rune on his neck began burning a bright red, leaving him stumbling back with a gasp of pain.

" Hodge, your rune. You okay? " Clary asked. Hodge nodded, closing his eyes in pain before reopening them, trying his best to get through the burning pain from the Clave issued circle rune.

" So, how do we find Magnus? " Clary asked.

" We don't. Back in Pandemonium, I saw him, which leads me to believe that he is hiding in plain sight. So, we lure him out and set up a meeting, somewhere with a lot of people, " Nyx explained, already having a place in mind.

 " And I think you know exactly which place I'm thinking about, " she pointed to Isabelle, who gave her smirk in return. Isabelle toke the tablet from Hodge and pulled up a flyer on the screen, bringing smirks to multiple shadowhunters within the small group.

" A downworlder rave. Nice Izzy. "

" And where'd you get that from? " Alec asked his little sister, eyes flashing from her to the ever so mysterious Nyx Fray.

" I don't know about Nyx, but I got it during my surveillance of the downworlds, and from what I heard, Magnus likes to party, " the group then looked to Nyx for answers to which how she knew of this place but she just shrugged with a smirk on her face.

" I have connections. " 

Like that wasn't suspicious at all.

" He'll never go for it. Not with Valentine trying to kill him, " Alec shrugged.

" Like Nyx said, he'll hide in plain sight. Blend in. " Jace said but Alec was still unsure of it.

" I don't know, it seems-"

" Trust me, if Magnus's hedonism or his greed, " Hodge cut off before taking the tablet out of Isabelle's hand and leading them somewhere.

" Come with me. "

They arrived at the training room and watched as the former circle member grabbed his stele and ran it over a rune tiled on the floor, tracing it. The tile slid open and a storage space rose up, revealing a necklace, lifting it up for everyone to see.

" A four karat Burmese Ruby. This necklace had special meaning to Magnus Bane as it was for his lover, Camille Belcourt, " Nyx raised her eyebrows, not expecting this.

" What, Camille and Magnus were lovers? " Clary questioned, also seemingly shocked and surprised.

Hodge shrugged, " warlock gets around. "

" Magnus bought it in 1857 for the price of his London Townhouse. Now the jewel is enchanted by a spell that alerts the wearer of the presence of demons, " Isabelle moved closer to the necklace, her hand gently touching it, seemingly mesmerized.

" It's so beautiful. "

" Magnus has longed to reunite with this necklace, offer this to him- " Hodge said before Nyx took over.

" And we have our warlock, " Nyx said with glint in her green eyes.

Hodge smirked back at her.

" Exactly. "