CHAPTER 21: The Ray Of Hope

Start from the beginning

       I gazes into his eyes levelly, but can't quite bring myself to say what I'm thinking. My heart flutters for a moment. I let out a sigh in mere doubt.

       "Honestly, I'm happy to accompany with you, Jack. I really do, but..." I felt a deep queasy but I had to say it. I already decide. "...I can't. I cannot stay. It's just — I don't belong here, really. Never were..."

       "You were suitable to sail with me. I would likely accept such an offer. Better you could stay. I'm glad you to be here. There’ll be fame enough to share."

       I looked down. I had to refuse. "I —I just can't."

       "Why not?"

       "I couldn't. I —I had no choice."

       "You chose not to tell me again, eh."

       My eyes downcast. "...I -I'm sorry, Jack."

       Jack still pursues. "Can't" is a matter of fact. You can if you want, but won't —  and that makes it a choice."

       I considers his words, unable to disagree. "Oh, I just don't wished to burden you with my problems again."

       "Well, I'm invariably wind into trouble. In fact, you helped me to take the Pearl back and I'm obliged to help for taking your painting back."

       "Without your mendacious skills, you told Norrington that I'm Faye which I'm not. Thanks to you, they didn't arrest me last night. I have fear facing the gallows."

       "Once you've taken in the view, there's not much else to it. Well luckily, I have this wonderful Compass that points to whatever I want." He smiled at me again. "It's a fair deal, don't you think?"

        I smiled back a little,I continued. "...I mean -I appreciate the offer, Jack. In fact, I'm inclined to. Really am, but I'm afraid I cannot stay."

       "I presume you're quite certain on it, and there's nothing else I can do." Suddenly, he seemed indicate to almost reverently. "I had done as you bid." 

       Jack's face remained motionless, yet I still saw the smile shining in his eyes. My stomach fluttered. I gazes into his eyes and genuine to say it over again. "...Thank you again for everything, Jack."

       "No," He moved more closer and drew me toward him, "Thank you."

       Without hesitation, I threw my arms around him. Why am I so desire to go home? Most people would leaped a chance to meet Jack Sparrow and I'm here complaining to be in this place. I actually had fun. I'm really glad to be here and I'm very inclined to hug him deeply since I had this chance.

       In return, Jack held me around my waist. Under his gaze, there's a brief pause. I noticed how near our faces were again and realized his face was moving closer, his head bending to my lips and locked in a gentle kiss.

       Despite his distinctive smell of rum from his lips, it won't matter to me. I reaches a hand behind his neck, decisively kisses him back and his hand stroke my hair, not wanting to ruin the moment. I heard the words in my head, and I didn't even try to stop it because I knew they were true. In fact, I've never been kissed before and this felt really real because it is.

       "Well, have I changed your mind now?" He grinned, gazing intently into my eyes and caressing my face.

       I held into his arms, smiling. "...Perhaps, you can count on me?"