CHAPTER 2: The Painting

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ 2 ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

       ENJOYING RELATIVELY cool forenoon, for the afternoon promises perhaps to be a scorcher, yet it's a spring season. I fixed my gaze out the window watching the sunrises at the edge of the mountains. My eyes arouse through awaken flowers at the garden outside and chirping little birds that can be heard near the french window. How it's calm and quiet in here.

       A thoughtful doubt little thing just came into my mind and needed to be answered. Is the past can be changed? It's not really an important, but those reminiscences about what you did something wrong, or the worst happening in your life and the day you wanted to forget that was painful to remember. And all I wanted to change it, to forget those painful sorrow and mistakes that happen in life. I would be glad to hear the answers, but whatever, it doesn't matter.

       For a few seconds, I decided to go forth in my room. It's still very quiet on the corridor so I tiptoed on the passageway trying not to bother. I think they are still sleeping.

       While I descended to the stairs, suddenly a bit of sound that heard from the other room, someone's mumbling again at the room. I checked it out. I pushed the door gently where I can feel shivering down my spine until I saw grandpa, just sitting on the couch drinking his hot tea peacefully.

       I sighed, my tense has stopped.

       "Oh.., good morning dearie, have a cup of tea?" He smiles as he grabbed the teapot on the table, offering me.

       "Oh, that's very kind. Yes, please. Thank you." I said, looking for a place to sit.

       When I looked back at him. He started to look at the top of the chimney again, staring at a picture on the opposite wall.

       I lifted my head and found the same painting he took it yesterday and the thing he used to tell stories about it to me.

       I smiled, "I can still recall the time you were telling me about your adventurous stories when I was a kid..." I said, started to reminisce.

       "The best thing I have ever brought." He stood up staring at it.

       I agree, "I love it, because -really, the ship looks as if it was really moving. And the water looks as if it was really wet. And the waves look as if they were really going up and down. Where did you get this, exactly?"

       He didn't answer.

       "Ooh... you really do love to travel? Didn't you? " He chimed. Why is he sounding so strange?

       I furrowed my brows what he said. I nodded, taking a sip on my tea, "Yes, definitely...I really do... I would love to travel all around the country-"