Chapter 1

I'm Ashley Carlson, 22 years old. I studied law but hadn't finish it yet since I moved to LA. I'm too scared of my own life that's why I ran away. I worked as a cashier in a cafeteria but later then became the manager since our boss didn't have any other choice.

Here, I lived a normal life. Here, I don't have to worry about having bad dreams anymore. Here, I won't be anymore haunted by my own past. Here, I started a new life, trying to find some peace and quiet. Also, I came here to find the old 'Ashley' that I lost almost three years ago.

My mom pays me a visit every two months, together with my little sister Avrile. My father, on the otherhand, couldn't since he's in France for work.

We can call ourselves rich since we can afford to buy luxury items for our wants. In fact, I really can continue studying here but I chose not to. I'd only be planning how to revenge without leaving any evidence that would suspect me.

Without my awful past, I am this happy person, contented with two friends. Georgina Haley, one of our everyday customers here. She's a management student in a university nearby. She's one of their hottest chicks there but thank God, she hasn't influenced me yet.

The other is Jcee Jacobs. He's the young CEO of Coby Motors Corp. He's my childhood friend but moved away. He is nothing but good to me. He's humble, caring, gentleman and of course freaking handsome. Eventhough, I never looked at him as a man.

Anyway, I'm sitting in front of the cafe, waiting for Gina to pick me up. She takes me home to my apartment everyday. And I love her!

***X's POV

"I will never inherit your shitty company! You are free to give this damn thing to anyone else but me!" Jared gritted through his teeth.

This kid, he's still so childish as ass. He slammed the door as he went out of his dad's office. James Wills, his father, sighed and took his glasses off. "You saw that?" He said in his most frustrated voice.

I laughed as I walked towards him. "Don't worry, sir. He'll grow up soon."

James didn't agree with me. Honestly, I, myself, don't agree. He's 23 already but nothing's changing. He shook his head. "Then I will have to do the most stupid thing to him just to help him mature." He turned his eyes to me. "Can you help me?"

I looked outside, trying to think of an answer though it is only either yes or no.

Then it caught me. "I think I can." Though this would be very stupid and would impossibly work, I might as well try.

***

"You know what? I saw Jcee's friends and they are freaking way hotter than him!" Gina giggled infront of me.

We stopped over our favorite ice cream parlor. I just love this place! This place and this double dutch ice cream! I feel like I could marry them and live in this place forever!

I didn't mind Gina. Besides, I'm looking for a guy who can make me happy and get me back to the old me. Not for some gangster and car racer.

"If you meet them, you are going to change your heart." She assured me as she scooped her ice cream and shove it in her mouth. I just smiled, rolling my eyes back to my ice cream.

Then it finally hit me, when it comes to boys of my past, I only loved one guy. That one guy I don't want to think of.

"Oh. By the way, Jcee invited me to a beach party. Please, come. I don't want to be the only girl in the group." She said in a disgusted face. I can only sigh in these situations and then nod later.

I took a good shower and changed into a comfy shorts and sleeveless. I was drying my hair when a loud knock interrupted me. It's Jcee, holding a galloon of double dutch in his hand.

I let him in despite my growing anger and jealousy.

"Tell me, what's with that face?" He looked at me, concerned.

I rolled my eyes. These are one of the many moments when I want to tear his handsome face apart! He always look innocent though he knew exactly what it is.

I couldn't hold it anymore so I bursted calmly. Is that possible? "Why would you invite Gina to a party without me? I'm not against Gina but I am your bestfriend for pete's sake!"

Yes. He's not just a friend but my bestfriend. I met him even before. We went to the same school in grade school until high school but he moved here to finish college. I was left there with-- hooh. Anyway, he rescued me and he was also the reason I am here.

He found it ridiculously amusing! "You're that jealous?"

I just gave him a 'not a good time for jokes' stare.

He gave up and rested his back in his seat. "Fine. I didn't mean it that way. I planned to invite you separately. You know, that's why I am here."

He better not be lying to me.

I raised my brow at him. "Come on. Be reasonable." He snuggled to please me. Well, I have to admit his charms.

He slept in my apartment. It isn't too much, but it's comfortable in every way. They call these types Condo-style. My walls are painted white, my furnitures and fixtures are all black and white. I will be the most comfortable with these hues around me.

While cleaning the coffee table in my small living room, I noticed the sleeping Jcee in my cream couch.

I stared at his calm and peaceful face. Even his snores are calm and peaceful. That perfect eyes that have pools of chocolates inside them, his pointed nose, perfect curvy lips and his black hair. He almost look like Brazilian if not only with his american features. His skin is slightly tan. He moved and fixed his position in the couch.

"I can only sleep well if you would stop staring." He suddenly snapped. I slapped him in his arm but he just gave me a small laugh before trying to calm himself to sleep again.

This guy, really!

***

So Jcee brought me to some place I didn't know. All I know is that this place annually gives a slumber party before summer starts.

His friend owns a resort here. And that's where we are staying. As we got in the place, the shore is already full of sexy and hot creatures ready for the said party.

I stepped out of Jcee's black Fortuner, which he uses at work. He knows how much I hate race cars, otherwise, we could have just taken one of his many toys to get here.

To my horror, I saw three different race cars infront of me. An orange upgraded Chevrolet filled with stickers, a deep violet BMW painted with what seemed to be a graffiti of a girl with black rose petals around her, and a gray Porsche with stunning red rims.

They all seemed so fast and lovely, but the sight of it hurts the most part of my heart that it continued to skip beats. Before I can even freak the hell out of me, Jcee quickly pulled me away from the parking area.

I pushed the thought away when I saw Gina running to give me a hug. Thanks to her, I was able to keep my heart calm.

We entered the lobby and found three other boys that looked... dehydrated.

"We hate late comers." The guy with spiky blonde hair commented.

The 'what looked like an asian' guy looked out of that glass wall and sighed. "He brought his executive car. How the fuck should we expect him to be on the dot?" He said with a laugh.

The other guy at the front desk didn't say a thing, but his stares are already screaming every single bad word man ever uttered. That made me shiver a little. Jcee has the scariest friends! Swear!

Jcee awkwardly searched something invisible in his side pocket. "I'm sorry, okay? Don't be too dramatic guys."

The scary guy turned to go ahead. Psh. What a temper.