Chapter 29

Ashley's POV

I ran to Jcee's room. However, I heard Cley's voice echoing in the hallway from Jcee's office room. He does most of his office works at home so I'm pretty sure he's also here too. Are they all here? Is Jared also here?

"Wanna hear it out?" I heard Cley said.

Should I stay for awhile? Should I listen? Well, since they left the door open, might as well.

"Years ago, we did a big crime. You guys know what that is, right?."

A crime?

Due to my curiousity, I listened more as I slowly walked towards the room.

"I found out that the records we kept went missing. So I tried to search for it. And I found it. It was thrown somewhere in Asia. Thailand. How it got there? Ask Jcee about it. This motherfcker hid it there. And for what reason?" Cley laughed. A kind of laugh I never imagine I would hear from him. It was full of hatred and mockery.

"Shut up, Cley! We don't have time for your bullsh*ts." Tyler said.

"Wait up! I'm not done yet. I told you this is the funniest story." So, he continued. "Remember how Jared killed a racer before when he was still the trash he was before he met Ashley? Yes. That's right. I reinvestigated it when I found the files and found something bigger." His voice changed to something deeper.

"That the guy you killed was the same guy Ashley loved before you! And Jcee here, your and Ashley's most trusted and best friend, kept it from both of you. I can't think of any other reason except..."

I peeked at them.

"... to break you guys up when Ashley finds out because he wants Ashley for himself. It was even the reason why never hated us for doing that to his bestfriend's boyfriend. He wanted it to happen so he could have your wife! Oh. Not your wife anymore. I heard she filed for divorce. What? You've been cheating on her with her half sister?"

I stared at Jared. "Is that true? You... killed... Nate?" I asked forcing every word that seemed to stuck in my throat to come out.

Everyone turned their heads to me with horror. "Ash--" Tyler said.

"Jcee, he did?" I turned my eyes to Jcee who avoided my gaze quickly.

Jared swallowed hard and to my shock he said it. "I did." Without hesitation in his eyes.

Automatically, I walked across the room and slapped Jcee hard in the face. "You actually let him kiss me. You actually let him touch, make love, get married and have baby with him? You let me fall for the person I loathe the most?! Of all people, him? And of all people, it was you who kept it?! How dare--" I was not able to finish what I was about to say. I felt tired of questioning people around me. Looking for some explanations I know they won't give.

I've had enough. Can everything just stop right now? All these bullsh*ts I'm getting, can't it just stop?

"Is there anything more I should know?" I asked Cley.

He just shrugged. "That Gina just died. She had a son with Tyler because he raped her before she disappeared."

That made me fall into my knees but no tear fell from my eyes, surprisingly. "Where'd you get that?"

At that moment, Cley just twitched his brows. "I..." He breathed. "I was the one who helped her hide all these years."

Is there anyone, just one, who never betrayed me? Or atleast I have two. Jansen and Avrile but they're just kids. Other than them, was there anyone?

Jared who killed Nate and cheated on me.
Jcee who hid everything from me.
Tyler who hurt and raped my bestfriend.
Cley who hid her.
Gina who trusted Cley more than me.
Mom who let dad cheat on her and never told me about it.
Dad who left us for his evil illegitimate daughter.

"I just... I just want to have some sleep." I helped myself up and dragged myself out from Jcee's house.

Jared's POV

As soon as she left, I hurried downstairs just to see to it that she gets home safe.

She surprisingly went straight home. To our home. It somehow made me happy but at the same time it killed me. What happened today is beyond worst. Now I realized I don't really have friends afterall. All I have is Ashley but it seemed she don't deserve a murderer like me. A cheater. A jerk.

She went straight to our room. I let her be alone. I'm fine with this. Atleast I know she's safe.

I went straight to my office room. "Sir, a package has arrived for you." Said one of our maids.

It was an envelope. First look at it, I already know what it is. Divorce papers.

"Leave." I told her and she did.

I stared at the envelope. Should I? That's not even the question. Can I? Can I really sign this fcking thing?

I can't.

This is far from what I intended to do. I know deep in me that I have nothing left for Stacy. It has been Ashley all these time. I messed up. This isn't what I wanted. This is the exact opposite of what I wanted. I wanted to keep her, be with her til age takes it away.

I wanted to comfort her, to be by her side. But it seemed impossible. I am one of the reasons why she's feeling pained.

She hates me as much as I love her. It kept getting stronger now that I'm seeing her cry. More when I didn't see a tear from her today. It felt more painful to see her get tired of it.

I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention.

******

Ashley's POV

I reached my car and drove out of Jcee's place.

My mind is flying into different directions. To Gina, to dad, to Nate, to Jcee. And all of a sudden...

I heard it again. The squeaking sound of tires. My thoughts were taken away when my car reached a full stop. The airbag released in my face so I desperately went off my car.

There. I saw my car bumped into another. I went to the car I bumped to ask if anyone one got hurt but no one's there. I searched for help but no one is around. The cars around me are empty.

I turned to walk but it stopped me.

My heart beat fast like hell. A car was flipped over in the other lane. Something moved inside so I came closer. Then it hit me.

Nate.

I hurried and opened the door but no one's inside. It made me breathe harder. Like something's pressing my chest and I'm already choking.

Then someone hugged me from behind which made me jump a little. "Everything's fine." He said.

I know his voice. It made me happy and feel safe hearing it.

"Nate." I said.

I turned to look at him and hugged him really tight.

"I missed you, Nate." I started to cry. "I've been through a lot these past few days and I don't think I still want to live."

He kissed my forehead and lifted my head so I can face him. "You go ahead."

"What? What about you?"

He smiled at me. I missed seeing his face like this. "I'm going to fix my car, you know. It's flipped."

"I'll help you."

He held me in my shoulders and turned my body. Again, he gave me a back hug, kissed my head and whispered, "Your son is waiting for you in the backseat of your car. He's sleepy. Take him home and I'll take care of this. I'll be fine, babe. So, just go." He kissed the back of my ear. "Everything will be fine. Trust me."

I felt safe and warm. I turned to say goodbye but he's gone. His car was already burning into flames.

Nate... I trust you.