Chapter 13 - Hope

Magsimula sa umpisa

He wiped his bloodied hand on the window before taking out a grenade and running back to Oda’s dead body. Once again I followed but I had to look away as Kiriyama picked up the dead boy’s head and opened his mouth before placing the grenade in.

He threw the head and the grenade at one of the windows in the house which smashed leaving Kawada, Nanahara and Noriko trapped inside the house with no way of escaping unless they wanted to get shot.

I heard Noriko’s screams as the grenade went off and I was left wondering if they were dead or alive.

Kiriyama started shooting through the broken window obviously not believing that they had been killed.

I could only hear muffled shouts as I tried to get a better look into the house.

Suddenly I saw a body jumping out of the house through one of the windows as another explosion went off.

I realized that it was Nanahara and I wondered where the other two were. Kiriyama also noticed Nanahara and started to run after him with his gun taking random shots.

Nanahara was shooting back but he wasn’t able to get any to hit because of his frantic running away.

Nanahara fell and was able to get one shot to hit Kiriyama in the chest. I gasped but Kiriyama didn’t seem fazed by the shot. He stumbled back a step before running back after his target.

They ran through rocks, water and grass before Nanahara fell against some large barrels. He didn’t have many ways which he could escape as Kiriyama stood over him.

Kiriyama tried to take a shot but his gun was empty of bullets but he didn’t look scared as he went to refill his gun with another round.  Nanahara saw his chance and took a shot which once again didn’t seem to faze Kiriyama in the slightest.

Nanahara took another shot which also seemed to do little to harm.

Kiriyama’s gun was reloaded and as he took a shot at Nanahara, Nanahara dived out of the way before jumping over a cliff ledge leading to water which had been behind him.

I saw something in the corner of my eye running towards Kiriyama.

“Run, Nanahara!” The boy shouted and I soon realised that it was Sugimura. He tackled Kiriyama before also jumping into the water.

Kiriyama quickly got up before shooting down towards the water where the two other boys had jumped.

My first thought was wondering if they were dead. I couldn’t see properly how far the fall would have been but it seemed like quite a long way and even if they survived the fall Kiriyama’s bullets could have gotten a lucky shot.

Kiriyama turned around seeming satisfied with what he had done. I decided that it would be best to head back to Kawada and Noriko to see if they were still alive before I… do what exactly.

Thinking about it I had no proper reason for leaving them when I did. Maybe though if I hadn’t left then I would be dead now and have no chance at surviving at all.

When I turned around I came face to face with someone familiar. At first I was about to cry out just from the shock but his hand once again went over my mouth. When he saw that I wasn’t going to scream he let his hand drop.

“This situation looks familiar.” I say to Hayashi who seemed to have a ghost of a smile on his face.

“I’m surprised that you remembered.” He said. Even though it had only been a day since I last saw him he looked different.

His eyes were colder and his smile was smaller. His hair was messier and slightly matted in mud and his clothes didn’t seem to have fared any better. I wondered if I looked as different to him as he did to me.

“Be quiet and stay down.” He whispered.

Kiriyama was only slightly visible in front of us because of how far away he was. Hayashi took out his metal baseball bat before he started to go after the other boy.

I quickly got up and followed him. What on earth did he think he was doing?

“What are you doing?” I asked grabbing hold of his arm which he gave me a surprised look for.

“I’m going to kill him. What does it look like I’m doing?” He said ripping his arm from my grip.

“You can’t do that.”

“Why!” He shouted “He has killed so many of our friends so why can’t I be the one to take revenge. I don’t want to be the one that he ends up killing next and I don’t want him to end up killing you either.”

With that said he stepped forward and kissed me. Once I got my mind back together I stepped away before giving him a hard punch in the nose.

“Bitch, you broke my nose!” He shouted putting his hand to his nose but it did no good at keeping the blood at bay as it slipped through his fingers.

“Don’t you ever do that again?” I said before picking up my bags and leaving.

“I’m going to kill you for doing that.” Hayashi screamed which only made me walk a little bit faster as he tried to stop his nose from bleeding.

…………….

(No one's pov)

Iijima and Seto arrived back at their base with everything that Mimura had asked for. There breathing was coming out in harsh breaths after carrying so much up those long stairs.

“There’s your order. Fertilizer, pesticide and kerosene…”

“Sulphur and charcoal.” Iijima finished for Seto “We even swiped a little truck for it all.”

“What are you going to do with all this crap?” Seto asked collapsing in an old chair which was only just able to support him without breaking.

Mimura was still sitting at his laptop typing away. He didn’t bother to give the other two boys a proper answer and instead just threw something there way.

“The ticking clock, what is this?” Seto asked opening the book up.

Some pieces of paper fell out and he soon picked them up.

“My uncles post cards.” Mimura said, finally stopping his typing and getting up to walk over to his friends. “My uncle was an activist in the 60s. He taught me stuff that they will never teach you in school.” He had pride in his voice.

Mimura picked up one of the postcards and smiled as he looked at the picture “He’s still off fighting in some part of the world.”

Iijima started to laugh “Forget it, we’re not…”

Mimura quickly stood up and covered Iijima’s mouth so that he couldn’t speak.

“Mimura.” Seto said carefully.

With his free hand Mimura put a finger over his lips telling them both to shush before sitting back down.

He reached for the necklace which he had been wearing and unscrewed it. He held up the object which was inside.

“The bomb trigger he used to try and blow up parliament with. It’s time we started our own struggle but there’s not much time. Will you join me or would you rather take me on.” He said looking at Iijima and Seto in the eyes.

They both shook their heads to say no.

“Can we really all go home together?” Iijima said his voice unsure.

“Yeah, I’ll crush there system. When we escape it will be together.”

 VOTE (For the picture :P)

COMMENT (What do you think will happen next)

PLEASE