4.| Fo' Schnitzel, my Witchzel

Start from the beginning

But then she had to remind herself that with the exception of Duncan, she was in the company of non-magical folk, but these people were like a special breed of some sort, especially after learning what some of them were capable of.

"Gentlemen," Director Fury turned to greet both Steve and Bruce. There seemed to be an exchange of money between Steve and Fury, but it was Bruce that looked over in Duffy's direction, before clearing his throat.

"And lady," Bruce added, not wanting Duffy to feel insulted that she wasn't being acknowledged when she was clearly standing right there.

"Thank you," she offered a kind smile in his direction, " but we've already met and chatted for a bit. I'm just supposed to pretend like I'm not even here. But really, thank you, you're very sweet."

Bruce responded with a faint blush before he was approached by Fury, welcoming him and thanking Bruce for joining them. It left Duffy to start roaming freely, watching as Duncan was still glued to all the screens around him, looking like a child inside of a candy store. The discussion of the Tesseract sounded behind her as they were discussing everything they needed to do in order to find it, and Bruce seemed to be the most knowledgeable in the sense of tracking it down.

Of course, everything that Bruce was saying, using the terms such as "gamma rays" and "cluster recognition" didn't make a bit of sense to Duffy. In fact, it all sounded like gibberish at the time, leaving her to scratch the top of her head. And as he requested a place to work, Natasha was called upon to escort Bruce to a room where he could start. Within seconds of his departure, Duffy felt a vibration in her back pocket, leaving her to remove her phone.

A slight grimace appeared on her face as she saw that she had an unread text message from Andrew.

"Oh boy, " she mumbled to herself as she opened up the text and found a long paragraph written to her. Already, she could feel the tightening of her throat as a lump developed and her eyes were burning, threatening to bring about tears. At that moment, Duffy wanted nothing more than to call him up and apologise for everything, confess everything, and just be there with him.

But it currently wasn't in the line-up.

"Parents checking in on you?" Fury asked her in passing, making a quip at how long she looked. It brought her to look up, the sadness vanishing, replaced with irritation.

"Doubt it, it's been about ten years since we last spoke," Duffy informed him casually, "and since I damn near killed them the last time we were in the same room together, I highly doubt they're checking in on their baby girl."

Duffy made a face at him before walking away to the other side of the area, leaving Fury to be approached by Duncan, who gave him a disappointed shake of his head.

"Keep it up, I think she's really starting to warm up to you, Sir."

Attempting to conduct a text back to Andrew, explaining that she truly didn't mean to hurt him and that she was working on a case where she wouldn't exactly be very available, Duffy was interrupted by one of the people sitting at the computers, claiming that they had made a match. Watching as Fury, Steve, Phil became alert to the situation as there had been a match made for Loki popping up on the screen.

Pushing herself up to her feet, Duffy went to stand by Duncan as the location was confirmed in Stuttgart, Germany.

"Oh yes, Stuttgart," Duncan clapped his hands together, " they have some of the best breweries. I'd love to get my hands around a Dinkelacker."

"Yeah well, I don't think we'll be able to settle this matter with Loki over a pint, Duncan," she told him, " I think that will have to wait."

Fury had turned to Steve, claiming that he was up in hopes of solving the matter, but Duffy's concern remained with the people down below. After years of working within riot control, she was sure that with an angry god down below causing trouble that things were not calm for the people. As Steve left the area to suit up, Duffy found herself approaching Fury with her own request.