Triwizard Tournament

Start from the beginning

"Thank you." Dumbledore said and Kakashi sat down, then there was a deafening rumble of thunder and the doors of the Great Hall banged open. Standing in the doorway was the most intimidating man, his face was gruesomly scarred and he had a strange electric blue eye. He marched  up the pathway to the teachers table shaking a firm hand with Dumbledore. Then proceeded to sit next to Minato, who only just smiled up at the large dangerous looking man as if he were a butterfly.

"Bloody hell, that's Mad-eye Moody." Ron said slightly frightened.

"Alastor Moody, the Auror?" Hermione questioned.

Kakashi looked towards the new professor thinking that he was so far the coolest wizard he had ever seen. He new that this man had lived a life similar to his own and so he already felt respect for this new individual.

"Now if I may introduce our new DADA teacher, Professor Alastor Moody." Dumbledore said clapping his hands lightly, the only others to join him were Hagrid and Minato.

"Yup, that new teacher Professor Nazekamei is sure weird, he doesn't even seemed fazed by Moody. Well at least we know now that he isn't like Lockhart." Ron said.

"It's pronounced Namikaze Ron." Hermione said matter of factly.

"Now tuck in and enjoy the feast." Dumbledore finished with a smile.

As always, food appeared out of nowhere and the students began to dig in. Kakashi however just stared at the food, all of which smelled to sweet.

"Aren't you going to eat something?" The brown bushy haired girl asked Kakashi.

"Hai" Kakashi said eyeing the food suspiciously.

"My name is Hermione Granger, and this is Ronald Weasly and that's Harry Potter." She said sweetly introducing them all.

"Hello, my name is Hatake Kakashi."

"I thought it was Kakashi Hatake?" Ron said with a mouth stuffed with roast beef.

"In my culture, the clan names goes before our personal name. But if it makes it easier, just call me Kakashi."
He said while attempting to handle a fork. He managed to get something resembling white pudding and took a bite. It was absolutely horrible, he thought as he pushed his plate forward not wanting to eat any more of the foreign food.

"Oh, here." Hermione said as she pulled out her want pointing the tip at the fork, turning it into chopsticks. "Now just think of what you want."

"What?" Kakashi asked

"Think of what you want to eat, and it will come." She said. Kakashi thought that she was crazy, but obeyed anyway. He thought of a bowl of rice with egg and soy sauce, and before he could even look down, it appeared in front of him. Well that was weird, he hadn't seen anything like it before. He reached for the chopsticks and started eating, surprised that it taste just how he liked it.

"Thank you Hermione-san." He said smiling towards her. He wasn't usually this nice however, he knew that making friends with Harry Potter and the others would make his mission easier.

"So mate, your from Japan? I didn't know there was a wizarding school there." Ron said.

"I'm not actually from Japan, my Villiage is just outside of it." He replied. "We rarely travel outside the borders of the Elemental Nations, so it does not surprise me that you have not heard of it." Kakashi explained for them. Hermione looked at him as if he held the keys to the Lost City of Atlantis, which made him slightly uncomfortable, however it was for the sake of his mission.

The feast continued on until Dumbledore dismissed them, Kakashi and the tightly knit trio of friends were stopped by Professor McGonagall.

"Mr. Potter, Kakashi will be hosted by Gryffindor while he is here, so I leave him to your charge. Be sure he knows where his classes are and help him when he is in need of it. I also expect Granger and Weasley to assist." She said sternly to the three Gryffindors. Harry mentally groaned, why had he been chosen to babysit the newcomer. He wasn't as proficient in his schooling as other students. He understood why Hermione was also asked to help, but him! Unless there was another reason behind it. He would have to talk to Ron and Hermione about that, but they would have to wait until Kakashi was out of earshot.

He walked through the corridors with the others thinking it all over. Kakashi however was thinking how ridiculously designed this castle was. He wouldn't have a hard time memorizing the place, that wasn't the problem. The problem was how non defensible the castle was. The only defense he could think of was an intruder getting lost in the place. The sheer size of the castle would make it difficult for him and Minato Sensei to patrol.

"So Kakashi, this is the entrance to the dormitories. The password is Balderdash." Harry said in an annoyed tone, he really didn't want to have to do this. He already had classes and his own personal problems being 'Harry Potter, the-boy-who-lived'. He didn't need any other ridiculous responsibilities. And to top off Harry's frustration, Kakashi is apparently staying in the same dorm as he, Ron, Dean and Seamus.

Kakashi made his way over to his bed and started unpacking like the other boys. He noticed the boy named Seamus walking towards him.

"So your going to participate in the Triwizard Tournament eh?" He asked. "How lucky you are, to have a chance to win a thousand Galleons. I wouldn't  be able to wrap my mind around all that money if I were to win." Seamus continued. Kakashi looked up at Seamus upset that the boy was taller, in fact all the boys in the dorm were taller, oh how he couldn't wait to grow!

"I'm not all that interested in the money." Kakashi replied. Which was true, money wasn't an object for him, as the last Hatake he was richer than the majority of the clans in the Villiage.

"What!? So then what are you in it for?" Ron asked, who was listening in on the conversation. Harry also took interest in Kakashi's response and was listening closely.

Kakashi wasn't all that interested in the tournament. It seemed like an underrated Chunin exam, which he already passed... at the age of 6. However he knew what this mission ment for the future relations between these wizards and his Villiage. If they succeeded, then the Leaf would be able to recover from the Third Great Ninja war faster, which did mean a lot for him.

"Honor. If I were to win the Tournament" (and succeed in protecting Harry Potter) he thought to himself. "then my Villiage would be able to have a good standing relationship with the majority of the wizarding community, which would prove to be very benifitial." He stated.

Ron looked at him as if he were crazy, but didn't say anything. Harry however understood perfectly, if he was able to participate and win, then he would be able to gain his own fame and not just be known for something he considered he didn't really do, but that his parents did.

Everyone soon settled down and went to bed, not real eager to start class the next day. And when Kakashi was sure everyone was asleep, he slipped out the window and ran down the brick castle walls using chakra. He met up with Minato Sensei at the lake, who was already looking out towards the water.

"Alright, tonight you and I will patrol together to get a feel of the place. Afterwards we will alternate nights so the students or other staff don't get suspicious. I'll take the North and you will cover the South. Meet here in 2 hours to report." Minato Sensei said in a professional tone.

"Hai"

........................................................................

Well that's it for chapter 3, I will have ch.4 up probably tomorrow.

I hope you liked it!!!!

Have an awesome life