CHAPTER 1

Sometimes, you never know the value of a moment,
Until it becomes a memory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ria's pov:-

Life freaking sucks ass!

Just when you need all the luck on your side, when you keep telling yourself that nothing can go wrong, universe finds a way to prove you wrong.

You turn out to be the most unlucky person that day.

How I wish I didn't eat that pizza on Monday, and the buttery popcorn on Tuesday evening. I curse myself for not going on a run, on Wednesday.

Man! I even regret devouring that large chocolate bar. But in my defence, it was irresistable.

Huge, smooth and brown.

I close my eyes and lick my lips, in an attempt to remember, how the chocolate felt against my lips.

My delicious thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell. My eyes snapped open and I smacked my head.

I am supposed to hate the chocolate and not dream about it.

"Miranda! Can you please get the door?" I screamed. Hopefully, she heard me.

"On it!" she yelled back.

Good.

I turned to look at the mirror and pouted, but that quickly changed into anger.

"Fuck! I am never listening to Brandon, ever again."

I tried tugging the dress down, but it refused to slide down my waist.

Sparing a glance at the watch, I almost screamed. It's half past twelve and I need to be at the church before one.

With all my might, I pulled my dress down, while praying that it does not rip in the process.

After a little more tugging, cursing, screaming and harsh pulling, the dress finally decided to make it's way down.

Holy heavens!

Noticing that I only had fifteen minutes left, I decided to skip the victory dance and hurried to put on my flats.

Yes, you heard me right. Flats under a dress. I can't walk in heals to save my life.

Giving myself a once over, I frowned.

I look fat.

The dress is very tight and I feel suffocated, but one look at the antique grandfather clock on the wall, had me running.

I am late! Super late, infact!

"No running down the stairs Ria!" Miranda chided.

"Sorry! I am very late," I said before kissing her cheek, flashing her an apologetic smile and running out of the door, towards my car.

Inserting my key into the ignition, I wasted no time in reversing out of the garage.

Speeding down the road, I tried to overtake every car in front of me, showing my middle finger to every person, who dared to swear at me.

Hopefully this doesn't become tomorrow's headlines.

In the past two months I spent here, I have never seen the streets so busy. Luck is really not on my side today.

Even though the sun was out, the air was crisp and it's getting windy, it might rain soon. The weather in London is unpredictable. It's sunny one moment, and then out of nowhere, it would start raining.