Joshs' Party

It's the Saturday before Katies' big birthday party that she didn't even know was happening. Matt had called over Shiro and the others to help him plan while his sister stayed in her room like she typically did on weekends their parents were away. The boys surrounded themselves around the island counter top on the kitchen while shooting out ideas for next weekends party. Matt was writing things down in a notebook and each idea spurted out was labeled who said the idea. Keith had an idea of putting in black lights in the pool to make the water all black and make it look like you would be swimming in a void. Everyone's eyebrows raised at the idea in concern. "Are you okay Keith?" Lance chuckled lightly through the concerned question. Keith rolled his eyes and leaned against the counter on his elbows. "I'm just sayin, it would be pretty cool." Matt and Shiro agreed so they decided to try it out. 

The boys continued talking about what games they should have at the party and what liquor should be provided too. Katie heard them through her vent under her night stand. She rolled her eyes at the thought of her brother planning another party. Moving her laptop off her lap, Katie smiled while biting her lip and sliding over to the side of her bed to eavesdrop some more. It's not like she was going to go to her brother party. She was just gonna lock her door and stay in her room watching predownloaded movies. Katie pressed her ear to the vent as she laid on the floor to listen to the boys chiming in over each other. 

"How many kegs should we get?" Hunk tapped his chin while asking. Shiro slid the book Matt was writing in over so he could look at it. He leaned against the island tapping his thumbs against the curve of the side while letting out a sharp breath. "If we're expecting somewhere between  five to six hundred people I would suggest we have at least ten or eleven kegs. Alcohol alone we need a pretty big budget." Shiro scratched the back of his neck while trying to figure out the numbers. Lance chimed in with a huge smile as he hoped up onto the island counter. "What if we do a byob?" Matt slammed his hand down on the counter in excitement. "Yes!" He exclaimed with a bright smile and then continued. "If we make it a bring your own beer party, we won't have to fork out thousands of dollars in alcohol maybe just a couple hundred for a few kegs." 

Katie sighed with a soft laugh. "You're such an idiot." She whispered to herself as she started getting up off the floor. Another voice chimed in with a question that made Katie freeze in her tracks. "Shouldn't we also get a big cake? Since it's for Katies birthday?" A loud ringing slowly crept its way into her ears as Katie slowly slid back into her bed. A birthday party?  She thought to herself. Katie shook off the imaginary weights and anchored herself onto the floor. She stomped out her door and down the stairs. As she veered the last corner to enter the kitchen, Katie stopped in her tracks once again. The boys were having fun actually planning something for her. So Katie figured the best she could do was let them plan the party and see how far everything would go. 

Katie has never been to a party before. So she would need to attend one before she could manage the teenage drunken party etiquette. She walked into the kitchen and b-lined it directly to the fridge. "Do we have anymore grapes?" She asked without breaking the staring contest she had going on with the milk carton. Matt stealthy shut the information book he had going and slid it across the counter to Keith to hide. "No we don't. But we have strawberries." Matt spoke in return while making his way to the fridge as well, reaching passed his little sister and pulling out the strawberry box. Katie huffed at the lack of grapes and rolled her eyes, turning around and sliding them on the counter. She hoped up on the counter, leaning against the cabinet sucking on a strawberry. She watched the guys with an inventive smile. "I'm thinking about actually going to Joshs' party tonight." She mustered through the strawberry in her mouth. 

The four of them were taken back in surprise by what Katie had just said. "No you're not." Matt said with a laughing but stern voice. Katie tilted her head in curiosity she didn't understand why Matt, a never-miss-a-party guy, had said she wasn't allowed to go. "I don't like that kid. He flat out told all of us that nothing would stop him from havi-mmf." The light brunette slid from the counter and shoved a strawberry into her brothers' mouth. With a deep frustrated sigh she looked over all the boys' eyes. "I never said I wanted to go alone. Aren't you guys planning to go? I wanna go too." Keith glanced at Shiro who was looking at Matt. Lance and Hunk looked at each other then back at Matt. Keith pushed himself from the counter and walked over, tossing an arm around the short girls' shoulders with a wide smile. "I think we should let her come. With the added rule that one of us stays with her at all times and we all text in the group chat who is with her and how things are going. Along with if Josh tries to do anything sneaky."