CHAPTER NINE

They both stood up, all eyes were on her, including Sadeeq. He wondered how she knew the result, he knew they haven't opened the result, unless she had something..Ya Rabb! All this is befuddling.

At first he didn't understand why their parents will make them carry out those tests, and now, the petrified looks on their faces. At the little knowledge of biology he had; he knew SS and AS aren't compatible, so what did that mean? Ya Ilahi. He really can't fathom.

"Let me see the result, Ihsan," Daada said, as he stood up and began walking towards them.

It was as if Ihsan was waiting for the move, she quickly sprinted towards the dinning area "Ha'an, Daada; don't you trust me again? I've told you the result, even the rhesus factors didn't match. So no need to see any result," She spoke in a pitched tone, as she hid the result behind her.

"Ihsan my dear, let's see the result please. Seeing is believing you know?" Ummu spoke, trying to comvince her with her words, but it loomed she wasn't going to succeed.

As Daada moved closer, Ihsan bagan running around the living room; yelling "By Allah Daada, Maama, my Abbu, and Ummuna, you don't need to see this. Sadeeq, see how you stood there like a statue; just tell them I'm not lying abeg."

Daada was tired of following her, he slumped on the sofa; panting. He looked at Sadeeq and ordered "Sadeeq, get me the paper, by hook or by crook, even that means you will break her hand; just ignore her whines."

"Noo, Sadeeq, don't make it hard on her," Abbu spoke for the first time, Maama was just looking at Ihsan; wondering how she became like that. They both knew Ihsan so well to know she wouldn't give the result peacefully.

"Keh! Give me the result," Sadeeq tried to be bossy, he thought he'll frighten her.

"Kini? (what)," she scoffed, as she rolled her eyes at him. "See this boy, abeg, you thought this serious expression you make would make me give you? Think twice, Mumu," she added and speed up, trying to leave the house.

"Aren't you in your senses, Ihsan? How many time would I tell you it isn't good? Sadeeq, make sure you bring that paper, even if it's to strangle her down," Maama half yelled, feeling shy at the words Ihsan utter towards Sadeeq.

Sadeeq made some quick steps towards her, that's how they began roaming around the living. "Ihsan, let's just have the result nah, what if you fall down?" Sadeeq said, as he took swift steps towards her.

"Is it by force? I've already told them the result, let me rest please," before she could register what was happening, Sadeeq had twisted her hand and taken the result; sighing in truimp.

"Daada," Sadeeq said, as he handed him the result, before slumping on the floor. Ihsan dabbed her feet on the floor; before slumping on the floor, opposite him with pouted lips.

Daada haltingly opened the result, before a huge grin broke his lips. "Alhamdulillah. Alhaji, they're compatible," Daada spoke enthusiastically, as he handed the paper to Abbu.

"Masha Allah. Alhamdulillah," they both chorused, with elated smiles on their faces which made Sadeeq more confused.

Abbu looked at Sadeeq, whose head was hung low, ruminatively. He cleared his throat, which made Sadeeq looked up "Sadeeq, I know you might be wondering why you had to carry out those tests...," he was cut off by Daada, whom whispered something in his ear, that slight distraction gave Ihsan the chance.

"Hey!" She whispered, looking at Sadeeq who had his attention on her. "Don't concurr to whatever is it they'll tell you," she whispered again, giving him the 'do you understand?' look.