Chapter 1:The Dream

It all started with a dream.

Well,it was more of a nightmare.

Something terrible had happened.

And then I panicked. And did something stupid.

And it was all dream Marco's fault.

***********************************************************************************************

Marco and I were in his room,snacking on leftover goblin dogs. 

"Hey,Star",Marco says nervously. He rubbed his arm awkwardly. 

"Yes?",I replied.

 "There's something I really want to tell you."

He looked down and sighed. I could tell he was blushing.

"I..I.."

 "Yes?", I said,hopefully.

 My hands were on my cheeks now, and there were a million butterflies in my stomach. "I like you Star",I imagined Marco saying. I knew that was it. What else could it be? I mean, Marco kissed me in the photo booth. And Tom...well, he  is nice, and he is a prince, and he could be the future king of Mewni. I mean, he should be the future king of Mewni, but my heart is somewhere else right now. And I would like it to stay there. 

"I just wanted to tell you that..."Marco started.

 He paused. He must have seen the look on my face.

 "I..."

"I like Jackie!"he yelled."I do, and I always did. That kiss is the photo booth was just..."

Marco was blushing now. The pulled his hoodie over his head and looked down at the floor. It sent bad vibes. Very bad vibes. I really wanted to cry now. That kiss in the photo booth was just....was just what! Maybe it meant nothing to him,but it meant something to me.

 I could feel the tears streaming down my face. My only wish was that Marco couldn't see me.

I felt like a fool. Of course Marco doesn't like me! Of course he likes Jackie! She dumped him. But he rejected me.

"It was a mistake. Heat of the moment."

I wiped the tears from my face and rubbed my eyes. I chuckled. Of course it was a mistake! Marco had thought that I liked Tom. That's not a lie. I liked Tom. Now I just...don't.

"Of course, of course", I said understandingly."Cause you knew I like Tom, and ---

"Star"Marco interrupted. "I know you don't like Tom anymore. Not during that kiss."

I blushed profusely. He knew?! He knew! Who told him?! Was it Ruberiot?! Damn Ruberiot!

"Who told you?!",I demanded.

"Oh...um..." Marco fiddled with his hoodie. "It was kinda maybe.....you?"

"M-me?"

How could it be me?! Maybe I was too obvious?I..uh..ugh!Now I'm blushing."Get a grip!",I told myself.

"You know what?! I don't even care! You just run off with Jackie! Its not my problem!"I yelled angrily. At times like this, I really wish I hadn't given up my wand.

"All right then",Marco said. His "all" was long, like he was really, really uncomfortable.

"See ya Star!" And with that, Marco walked out of room. 

I could hear him and Jackie talking. I squinted my eyes and tried not to cry. It didn't work.