eighty-two

October

Grace

I looked up from the books that were ready to be put into place just to notice that someone was standing right in front of me, on the other side of the desk.

"Good afternoon, Miss Winson" he said, his green eyes staring at me attentively, a hint of amusement in them.

"Good afternoon to you as well, Mr Styles" I replied smiling, and took the books, going round the desk. "May I ask which specific reason brings you here on this fine day?"

"I was told we're set to go out tonight with some friends, so I was wondering whether you'd like to leave work a little bit earlier to spend some time together" he replied, following me as I walked between the shelves to put the books in order.

"Tempting, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to leave early, Mr Styles" I said, turning to look at him after the last book had found its place on the shelf.

"Nonsense!" I heard a voice from the other side of the room, "There isn't much to do today. You can leave."

I turned to look at the middle aged woman that had spoken. She glanced at us, her blonde, starting to go white hair tied in a braid, as she was checking the titles on a shelf.

"Thank you so much, Rosalyn."

"It looks like luck is on my side today" Harry commented, and I rolled my eyes.

"Let me just go grab my things" I said before walking into the back room.

I checked the pockets of my coat, that was on the coat hanger opposite to the door, to make sure that it was still there, and I checked the time. It was half past four in the afternoon, it was an acceptable time to go home. I was about to take it and put it on when I heard the faint sound of the door clicking shut. I looked over my shoulder.

Harry was leaning against the closed door, a mischievous look on this face.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, and he walked slowly towards me. He pushed my hair off my shoulder, baring the skin of my neck, his cold fingers running down my arm, grazing the back of my hand before intertwining with mine.

"I missed you" he whispered into my ear, and I felt the warm touch of his mouth on my neck.

I turned my head, and he leant his forehead against mine, close enough for me to feel his warm breath against my skin but not enough for our lips to touch, savouring the moment. I turned around, my fingers finding their way in his hair before pulling him into a kiss.

"Inside a cloakroom now, are you taking tips from the students in detention?" I joked when we broke apart, and he let out a little laugh.

"I'm afraid that might come from my high school years."

"And here I thought you were the perfect student" I said playfully while putting on my coat.

"I was, but that's beside the point" he replied, holding my hand again as we exited the room.

I looked around searching for Marie, but she was nowhere to be seen. "We're going, thank you so much!" I resorted to saying out loud, hoping that she would hear me. I opened the door and we slid out into the increasingly cold weather.

"What time do we have to be there tonight again?" Harry asked me as we walked to his car.

"Six" I replied, earning a weird look from him. "You know how Liam is."

"I know" he sighed, "I really hope this whole thing will turn out well."

We reached the car and I got in the passenger seat as soon as he unlocked it. "What's your idea of turning out well?" I asked him when he got in as well.