63. Church Bells

"You're so handsome, Yuki!"

Yukio smiled at his reflection in the mirror, blushing at Shiemi's complement as he adjusted his cufflinks. He thought his face looked a bit strange without his glasses, opting to go with contact lenses for the ceremony. There was sure to be plenty of tears and he didn't need them getting in the way.

"You think so? Thank you very much, Shiemi."

Rin appeared in the mirror behind him, adjusting his collar fixing his hair like a nervous mother.

"You're not nervous, are you?" He asked, tone soft as he spoke to his brother. The mole-faced twin shook his head, beaming at him. "No. In fact, I'm excited. I've got no reason to be nervous about this at all. I love Renzo and I want to spend the rest of my life with him." He said, drawing a series of 'awwww!!'s from Renzo's sisters who were sitting in the changing room. Shiemi, Izumo, Paku, and Shura were all dressed in matching turquoise dresses, acting as sort  of a bridal party along with Rin, of course. Everything was coming together without a hitch and Yukio was absolutely head-over-heels about it.

A knock sounded at the door and Yukio called out an 'it's open', watching Angela and Renzo's mother come through the door wearing smiles that were just as big as his own.

"It's almost time. Live music is ready, everyone is in their seats and we're about to get your groom and his groomsmen set up. Are you ready?" Angela placed a hand on his shoulder and her smiled sweetly at her.

"I am. Thank you, Angie. Really, I know I've been a real pain in your ass. You're a literal angel."

"Oh honey, you're making me blush. Cut it out!" She laughed. Yukio opened his arms, offering a hug to her that she accepted without hesitation, careful not to get any of her makeup on it.

#

Shima combed through his hair for the tenth time within the span of the last five minutes, checking his reflection in the mirror again.

"Dude, you look fine. Cut it out."

He turned to face Bon, a nervous smile spreading across his face. "Sorry. Guess I'm a little bit anxious." He admitted. Ling adjusted his tie in the mirror, raising a curious brow at his friend. "You're not have second thoughts, are you?" He questioned. Bon frowned. "Now ain't the time to be getting cold feet." He scolded. Shima quickly shook his head in denial. "No, it's nothing like that. I just...I want this to be perfect, you know? He deserves that."

Yaozo clapped Shima on the shoulder. "Relax, son. I'm sure all that really matters to Yukio is that you're together and the family is all here. You're giving him the best by giving him your best."

And honestly, he couldn't argue with that.

#

Renzo couldn't get over how absolutely adorable Aimi looked as she made her way down the aisle in her little turquoise dress with a basket of white flower petals, throwing handfuls of them onto the walkway as she tried to keep up with the music. She nearly tripped over her own feet as she neared the end, but Mamushi, reached out and caught her, sitting her in her lap and pressing a kiss to her forehead while telling her how well she did. She was already holding Shen Lei, even though Mephisto had offered to hold him more than once. She declined and told him that it was good practice but the truth was that Shen Lei was just too adorable to put down.

Heads turned and people stood up as Yukio and Shiro came into view at the end of the aisle---all but Mamushi who was heavy with child in more ways than one.

Watching Shiro walk Yukio down that aisle made Shima's heart swell. He could hardly contain himself, eyes stinging as he tried his hardest to hold himself together. Yukio seemed to be having as difficult a time to keep his tears down, beaming at him with a grin the could melt hearts once they stood in front of one another and Shima gently took his hands in his own.