52. Man Down

Shima could finally go home after signing contracts and making negotiations all day. All of these tedious errands that he did these days bored him to pieces. Missed being out in the field so much that it almost hurt. Wasn't there someone that needed spying on or to be murdered? Can't he just get those assignments instead?

Of course not. His father is a lazy bum so he makes Shima do all his work for him.

"That old man ain't dead yet; I shouldn't be doing his chores." He grumbled to himself as he boarded the jet, taking a seat as far away from Kinzo and Amaimon as possible. He was taken back a bit when Mugen sat next to him, folding his arms behind his head and leaning back as far as he could. He cracked a tan lid to watch Shima's reaction, closing it once more when no objections came.

"Needa talk to ya."

"About?"

"It's about this new kid running Gray's company."

Of course. Mugen could sniff out a farce in his sleep. He wouldn't be bringing it up at all if something hadn't set off a red flag with him. Shima nodded, signalling for him to continue  as the jet took off.

"Ya notice how cool he was 'bout ya killin' Gray?"

"I did."

"Ya notice that he kept Gray's old lackey with 'em?"

"I did."

The samurai crossed his arms over his chest, a scowl forming on his lips as he opened his eyes to stare his boss in the eyes.

"Sum'n ain't right. I feel it in my gut."

Mugen was never wrong about these things. If Shima was being honest, he could tell that something was off about the ordeal as well. He had made a mental note to watch his back more closely but now...

Maybe a security detail was in order.

"I can count on you to watch my back, can't I?" Shima asked. Mugen nodded without hesitation. "I'm tellin' ya this 'cus yer my friend. It ain't gonna be easy but I'll protect ya and doll face with my life. I can promise ya that, Pinky." He assured him. This drew a smile from Shima and he offered a fist bump to the samurai, aware that Mugen was never one for hugs. The tanned man excepted, a small smile playing at his lips. Regardless of whatever game they were playing with each other, they were friends before anything else.

"Speaking of Yukio..."

"Ya don't have to say it. I know 'm  crossin' major boundaries with 'em."

Mugen could also sense the tension between Shima and himself. It was thick enough to cut through with a knife; it had to be addressed sooner or later.

"I thought you were the type of guy who didn't make useless attachments or romance it up." Shima said. Mugen had never taken anyone seriously in terms of the heart. Everything was fun and games with him.

Drink, fight, fuck. It was an endless cycle with him.

Mugen had always been alone and that made things easier for him. No one to hold him back. No one to look after. No one to consider.

No one to reap the consequences of his actions except for him.

It would seem that Yukio put this cycle to an end.

"I ain't. But doll face...I gotta be honest with ya, I'm kinda sprung here. I pick on 'em cause it's cute when he reacts to it. He's feisty and he don't take no shit. Never been used to that from nobody puttin' me in my place. 'Specially not without fightin' me."

"I see." Shima said, nodding in understanding. He didn't know how to feel about the fact that Mugen was telling him that he was falling in love with his fiancé, but he was mutely aware of the fact that he appreciated his honesty above all else. Shima hated being lied to. He hated not knowing what was happening around him.

This Is Gospel (ShimaxYukio)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें