May 7, 2018

Hansol

Hansol makes a quiet noise of surprise, his thumb pausing mid-scroll down his phone screen. Jun rolls onto his side so he can see Hansol's face; the dim light emanating from the single desk lamp softly illuminates his dramatic features, and Jun is lost for a moment, mesmerized by the shadows that play across Hansol's cheekbones.

"Did you see this?" Hansol tilts over so he's lying closer to Jun and holds his phone screen up.

"Hmmm?" Jun reluctantly pulls his eyes away from Hansol and wraps a hand around Hansol's wrist so he can bring the phone close enough for the image to be clear. "Oh." He gives a pleased laugh upon seeing the picture of a post-it that a fan has uploaded on their fancafe. It reads: What is Junyoung to Chan? Underneath, Chan has checked the boxes indicating 'best friend', 'soul mate', and 'fellow main vocal' in fat black sharpie. "Yeah. Chan mentioned it to me yesterday. It's from that fan sign event I missed, right?"

"Yeah." Hansol rolls back onto his back, his wrist slipping from Jun's light grasp. "You think you guys are soul mates?" He asks the ceiling.

"Sure." Jun reaches out a finger and traces absent-minded lines down Hansol's collarbone. "I've told you that I didn't have many friends growing up, right? Since I never really fit in at school. So each friend I find now is very precious to me. Especially someone like Chan, who's my age, and easy to talk to and fun to be with."

"Am I one of those friends, that is precious to you?" As the question slips out, Hansol feels a slight pang of uncertainty.

Jun blinks, then reaches out and gently turns Hansol's head so they're lying almost nose-to-nose. Hansol's breath hitches slightly, but still he meets the full force of Jun's gaze, which is intense and so sincere it makes Hansol's heart stutter. He's too handsome to be real, Hansol thinks. He's too perfect to be mine.

Jun's hand is still cradling his face, his thumb brushing softly against the cheekbone he had been admiring earlier. "Nae saranghaneun saram," he whispers. "The one I love. You're all of that and more."

Hansol's hands have somehow found their way around Jun's back, and they tug Jun closer until Hansol can stretch forward and press his lips to Jun's in a sweet, lingering kiss that is still too short. Hansol wraps long fingers around Jun's waist, under his shirt, and tangles their legs together as he leans back in and coaxes Jun's lips open. When they finally pull apart, they're both breathless, and the sight of Jun blinking dazed, lust-darkened eyes at Hansol is almost too much; Jun's hands cling to Hansol's shirt, and he buries his face in Hansol's neck.

"Whabouyouung?" Jun's words are muffled.

"Hm?" Hansol wrinkles his brow. Jun pulls away slightly, his voice coming out more clearly.

"What is Junyoung to hyung?" Jun asks, mimicking the phrasing of the fan's post-it note, his deep voice unusually hesitant and quiet.

Hansol slips a reassuring hand through the soft strands of Jun's hair. Jun is always so generous at giving away his love, and so straightforward in his affection towards others, but Hansol can see how he is less sure that his love will be returned. It makes his heart clench, and it makes him want to say the right thing, the perfect thing, even though he's terrible with words and better with gestures. But sometimes words need to be said.

Hansol doesn't think he's brave enough to say anything if he has to meet Jun's darkly expressive gaze, so he lets Jun burrow closer and hide his face in the hollow of Hansol's neck, his long arms wrapping around Hansol's slim waist as if Hansol is the life vest that will save him from drowning. Jun seems so heart-achingly young like this. Hansol realizes that in all this time, they've never really said what each is to the other, instead letting small gestures of caring and secret smiles and stolen kisses speak their love. But if Jun is brave enough to bare his heart, then Hansol will have to be, as well.

Shifting slightly, he gently extricates one of Jun's arms from around his waist. He presses a kiss to Jun's palm and then places it on his chest so Jun can feel Hansol's heart, because words are not enough. Hansol's pulse flutters wildly under the tentative pressure of Jun's hand. This is what you do to me, Jun, Hansol thinks. "Neoneun nae haengbok-iya," he says simply. You're my happiness.