Chapter 1

Any thoughts? It's not long but I tried to make it descriptive.

*Sorry if there are any gramatical errors!

Chapter 1

My nose instantly started to bleed as my opponent, or someone who I am suppose to kill, smacked me.

I tackled him to the ground, sitting on his stomach and punched him non-stop, he started to beg for me to stop but today, I was angry as hell and when I am angry, I become violent. Some say I have anger isses, but fuck them.

"I'll give you the money and the drugs that I promised to Guzik, i'll give extra but please let me go!" This guy was around thirty-seven, all muscled up but not enough as me to beat me!

"Oh, I will take the money and the drugs, but you, I am going to paralyze you from talking! You shouldn't have fooled Guzik into giving you ten gold bars and planning to run!" I took out the heavy gun I always kept, opened his mouth, and showed the head of the gun in his mouth.

"No, please!"

I clicked but didn't shoot. "If you speak one word of the Scheme, I will hunt you down and snap this gun right in your skull and leave you in the woods to be eaten raw!"

I gave him a push to run away and he left the briefcase filled with money and drugs that Guzik, the leader and the boss of the club Scheme.

Scheme is a secretive gangster club, we trade drugs from the around the city, kill anyone who speaks of us, all the "goodie" stuff.

As for me, I am Evan Adler. Eighteen. A student at Hill High. My total average for school is ten percent but hell, I don't give a crap! All I give a crap is about keeping my mother alive, and wanting my 8-years old brother Eddie to have the best education in this whole damn world.

Everyone has something worth fighting for.

"Guzik, you don't want to worry about a thing. He's barely alive." I said as I handed the briefcase to him and he instantly opened it, and sighed.

"Evan, you never disappoint me."

"Never will."

"Here's your money." He handed me a about ten fife hundred with a rubber band keeping it together.

I took the money and put inside my jacket. "Anything else, G?"

"Nah, see you tomorrow." He said as he sipped his Jack Daniels.

I got home around midnight, as usual, my mother was waiting for me at the dinner table, with food on the served.

"Oh my god, sweetheart, what happened? why is all that blood over you?" She grabbed napkins and started to wipe my face, like she did every time I went for a fight.

"Nothing, Mom. I am not hurt."

"You...you smell like ten packs of cigarettes! Van, why won't you stop and look at yourself, you have bags under your eyes." A tear slipped out of her eyes, making me feel guilty and I quite honestly should be.

My dad left us when I was only thirteen while my mom was carrying Eddie, and she was in went through so many hardships my hatred for my dad grew so much I became violent, did things to get money so I can get my mom medicines she needed to keep him and Ed alive. And now, I hate my dad so much I think If I see him I won't be able to keep myself from killing him cold blooded.

"Mom, stop. Don't worry." I kissed her cheek, grabbed a bottle of water, and went upstairs.

I grabbed a gray beaters after a shower since my hair was starting to turn greesy and man, I do not want to be sick. I brushed my teeth and looked at my face in the mirror before throwing my beaters on. My tattoos on my arm and neck were all visible, stars, quotes, names, and etc. I had a dragon on my left arm, a dolphin on the other and on my back I had an angel that was flying away and escaping from the fire. The one on my chest was an owl holding bows with it's sharp claws, on thd side of my neck was a serpent and behind my neck were three medium sized starts.

I had dark blonde hair, bags under my dark brown eyes, my skin was becoming pale. I am 6'2, perfectly built and healthy looking from the outside but my lungs were probably the color of ash from smoking. Did I care? No. Did I care about leaving my just like my dad did? Yeah. I can never be like my dad. Ever.

It's ironic, right? how I am gangster or a thug, who has emotions for other humans. Well, it seems ironic to me though. But my mother, all she has ever been is supported and took care of my brother's every needs and she would be worried how'd we even manage to get so much grocery but if I told her, she'd never forgive me. After all, I am still the little boy who wanted his mother's comfort

I grabbed a bottle of alchohol from under my bag, slipped it inside the waistband on my pants, and hurried back downstairs.

"Mom, I am gonna go for a run. Can't sleep." I lied.

"Are you okay, love? you need medicine?" She said after a yawn.

"No, mom. It's just a little headache. You go sleep." I said with a kiss on her forehead.

"Be back soon and be sure to lock the door once you come back." She smiled, patted my cheeks, and left to check on Ed.

I sat down on the edge of footpath, drinking all the alcohol that was surely going to give me a serious head painwhen I'll wake up but right now, I wanted a night free of blood and free of hearing the sounds of guns being shot.

When I was satisfied, I got up from the footpath, drunk, I started to walk towards the way home and held out my arms. I wanted to feel the wind so badly at the moment, I wanted to scream all my anxiety and worry out. But I couldn't just let anyone see the real Evan.

I saw a girl walking right in the middle of the road and stopped, her arms limp at her side, her clothes all baggy. I could see her eyes closing

I didn't say anything. I just watched.

She stayed there and I wasn't so sure what she was really doing.

She had long doll colored hair, it was enough for me to notice with the bright street lights.

I stared at her back until I saw a car light twenty second's away from the girl. I zoned out. If she died right in front of me, it wouldn't be anything new. I saw people die everyday, so many deaths I had somehow memorized the faces filled with fear, faces that begged for mercy but never received.

But this time, something triggered inside of me. There was nobody to see me right now, nobody to notice Evan Adler saving, not killing, a person.

I ran. I ran so fast I felt my ankles but I didn't stop and before the car could hit the mysterious I pushed both of us away.

The car stopped the moment we rolled away. And then I heard a small, an utterly small whimper.

When I pushed myself up, I looked at the driver who rushed out of the car. He looked semi-drunk with his sweaty face that showed visible worry.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry, I couldn't quickly stop enough."

"Then why the hell were you driving? Could you not get sober first?"

"I-"

He was cut off by the girl crying. I looked down at her and instead of laying on the ground, I watched her started to walk away.

It was strange and rude, to just walk away when you had been saved from death.

Before I ran after her, I said my last words to the driver. "You are motherfucking lucky I am letting you go before beating your face."

I didn't say anything as I walked behind her, I wasn't sure if she noticed me walking after her either.

"Stop." Was her first word to me.

"Stop?"

"Didn't your parents teach you not to butt into other's business?" She said.

I felt anger flare into me as I spoke back, "you better not speak to me with that snappy attitude after I just saved you from that car. Ungrateful people, shouldn't have done it."

And then she stopped walking and looked back.

"I didn't ask-"

She didn't finish and my shoulders suddenly sulked as I noticed who it was.

It was Viola. Or also known as the freak of our stupid high school.

And It seemed like she knew very well who it was.

"Evan."