Paradise - Duke Levi x Duchess Reader

Start from the beginning

"I... we haven't decided yet. Pet, I've only been engaged for two days!" 

"I know! But we're all dying to know. I'm going to be a bridesmaid right?" You thought about it for a moment.

"I'd love to say yes, but I don't know how this is going down. To be honest, I have no idea how this wedding is going to turn out. I've only been a royal for a year and I'm still learning all it's unwritten rules and etiquette. You can hold the veil as I walk down the aisle!"

"Oooh yes! I'd love to! You'll look delicious my darling. You have my blessing!" You thanked her and said that you had work to do before hanging up. She told you to hurry with the wedding planning and you just laughed it off. To be honest, you were scared, you were terrified of what might happen at the wedding. 

Levi assured you that you were going to slay the wedding with your beauty and you just slapped him playfully on the shoulder before pulling him into a kiss. He smirked and wrapped his arms around you, pulling you closer. The intensity of the kiss grew suddenly, more passionate, more heated. 

"When do you want the wedding?" He murmured through the kiss. 

"Whenever you deem fit, my prince." 

"You'll be a princess, who am I kidding? You are a princess already. You're my princess." He smirked and attacked you with kisses. 

"You and your flirtatious attitude." You laughed. He tucked a strand of loose hair behind your ear and stared into your eyes lovingly. The man you fell in love with was right here, in front of you, loving you. 

~~~

The public seemed more excited about the wedding than you were. The crowds gathered around the palace, the chapel and the church courtyard since the morning. You were just about to go get ready when you received a phone call from your mother. Your father had just suffered a heart attack and unable to come. 

You broke down into tears but your mother assured you that he was okay. You urged her to stay with him but she said he insisted that she came to the wedding since he was unable to come. You nodded and said that you'd send flowers over the moment the wedding was over. 

Your maids and handmaidens made sure you looked as delicate as a flower within minutes. They touched on your make-up and did your hair. They fixed a beautiful diamond tiara on your head and told you to walk down that aisle with your head raised and shoulders back. You thanked them as they fixed you into the wedding dress you had picked out. 

The dress was simple. The white silk gown was off-shoulder and in an A-line style. Your veil was the favourite part of your look. It had two parts; a short part that covered your face and a long tail that trailed behind you. Your bouquet was also simple. You requested a simple yet elegant style and Levi told you that you could choose whatever you like. 

Your handmaidens led you to the car where your mother was waiting for you. She smiled and wiped away a tear with her handkerchief. 

"You look beautiful." She said as you climbed into the car.

"Thank you, Mother. I'm so scared."

She held your hand and gave it a light squeeze. "You'll do great. Everyone is anticipating today." Through the little windows of the car, you could see everyone with their cameras out, waiting to catch a glimpse of you. The three little girls that sat with you had the brightest smiles on their faces. They wore little white dresses and little flower crowns that made them look like cute little angels. 

Your heart pounded as the car slowed to a stop. A valet opened the car door and bright smiles greeted you every step of the way. He helped you out and a gloved hand and the little girls helped to make sure your veil and dress were okay. You held tightly onto your bouquet as if it was your lifeline and walked down the aisle. 

The chapel was full. Everyone was dressed so formally, with dresses and fancy hats and tuxedos it made you feel so privileged. You caught a glimpse of Levi in front of the altar, in his colonel's frock. You almost broke into a ran to leap into his arms but the pull of the little girls behind you brought you back to earth.

The choir sang the preacher preached, the singer sang her beautiful song. The wedding was going amazingly to plan. Well, if there was a plan. Levi refused to show you anything because he wanted everything to be a surprise. He wanted everything to be perfect for you. You walked down the aisle on your own, holding the bouquet you requested. Your heart pounded in your chest and you couldn't stop smiling. 

Through the thin veil, you could see Levi wiping a tear. The priest stood patiently at the altar and you slowly made your way towards them. From the corner of your eye, you saw your mother sitting at the front of the bleachers watching the wedding fold out. She was so proud of you, so happy that you finally found true love at last. And a prince! 

He held out his hand and you accepted. You hand in his, the wedding officially began. To be completely honest, it was drastic to have such a big wedding. You had to fight the urge to yawn many times during the service but who were you to complain? You were marring the prince! The whole kingdom is rejoicing! You stood there, erect, but Levi kept fidgeting with his uniform. You could tell he was nervous and there was nothing you could do to help him because talking while the priest was talking would be highly disrespectful.

Then, Jean came on stage and performed for the crowd. He played three pieces whilst you and Levi headed to the back room for a rest. He was still fidgeting and this time, you decided to place your hand on his. 

"Levi, I love you."

He looked at you lovingly. "I love you too. You're just so breathtakingly beautiful, it scares me." 

You blushed and whispered in his ear: "You don't look bad in your uniform either. I just can't wait to peel it off later." 

You could sense him tense up and you bit your lip. "You're such a tease, (F/n), just you wait. Don't start something you can't finish." 

You winked and trailed a finger across his jawline. "Oh honey, just wait. I'll be the one taking you to paradise." 

~~~

The two of you saved the kiss to last when you exited the chapel where everyone was eager to see the royal couple. There, atop the stairs, you shared the first kiss as husband and wife. The crowd went wild. 

Levi smiled for the first time in front of the crowd as you climbed into the carriage waiting for you. The young valet helped you in and shoved the rest of your veil and wedding dress in before shutting the door. You nodded your head in thanks and he smiled at you, bowing. Levi held your hand as horses started towing the carriage away, ready to meet the eager civilians of your beloved kingdom. 

"(F/n)! We love you!"

"Congratulations!"

"My OTP! Good luck! Congrats!" 

You smiled until your face hurt. It was true, it was the best day of your life. 

~~~

Yeah hi guys I know this didn't really have a plot but I really liked the Royal Wedding and wanted to write something about it. I hope you enjoyed! I mean, how pretty was Megan? Woooooo

xxx