CH. 1

10 AMI'd been packing for the past few hours and I had finally finished, I spent most of my night on the phone with davina and getting my animals ready for the drive

10 AM
I'd been packing for the past few hours and I had finally finished, I spent most of my night on the phone with davina and getting my animals ready for the drive. I knew it would be easier to leave them here and have someone watch them but I couldn't not be with them for 3 months. I was so excited to finally see Eden again, not seeing her for the whole school year was terrible. I wished I could bring her here but I knew she was happy in Montana and she belonged there.
I was attempting to convince my parents to let me drive my car there, usually Axel and I had to leave our cars here but I hated leaving mine. I loved my car, I'd begged for a classic car for years and on my 16th birthday my parents surprised me with my dream car.
I figured it was only fair since they'd gotten Axel his when he was 16..
As I walk down from my bedroom, I hear voices in the living room and make my way over.
I see my parents sitting on the couch talking and smile a bit " hey guyssss- how's your morning?" I drawl as I lean against the wall, my mom looks up to me and raises her eyebrows as my dad laughs softly " what do you want Asteria?" He asks and I scoff lightly " what makes you think I want something? Maybe I just wanted to see how my amazing, thoughtful, parents were doing this morning" I reply as I cross my arms under my chest.
They look to eachother for a moment before laughing again, I roll my eyes lightly and hesitate for a moment before speaking " okay fine- I was wondering... what if I drove my car there? I'll follow behind you guys and I'll drive carefully I swear!! But it'll be so much easier with my animals. Please???" I ask hopefully, we usually took my dads car and rented a uhaul trailer to carry our luggage. But it was a bit crammed with my dog, cat, snakes, and axels dog, in the car with us.
They stay silent for a moment and I cross my fingers nervously, squealing as my dad nods " okay- fine. But there's rules" he starts and I jump up clapping excitedly " oh thank you you're the best!!" I exclaim and lean down hugging them both " alright alright- now listen, okay?" My dad says and I nod lightly, sitting on the coffee table across from them.
" I don't want you driving that long alone so the boys will take turns driving with you. No arguments. When we stop, you stop. Eyes on the road I don't want you touching your phone. If you get tired you ask one of the boys to take over or we stop and take a break. Got it?" He asks and I bite the inside of my cheek, staying silent for a moment before nodding quickly " okay deal- thank you!!! I'm going to go on a run with lupin so he can stretch his legs good before we go." I smile and hop up from the table, calling lupin and smiling as he runs down the stairs and over toward me. I slip on a pair of sneakers and slip my phone into my waistband, grabbing his leash i attach it to his collar and walk out of the house.
As I'm walking down the driveway I see Axels car pull in, Harley in the passenger seat. I glance at him for a moment before quickly pulling my eyes away.
I start to put in my headphones but stop as Axel calls my name, I glance back to him and stop for a moment " yeah?" I ask, adjusting the leash on my wrist. He glances to lupin then back to me as Harley gets out of the car " you going on a run?" He asks and I raise my eyebrows " yeah? Why?" I ask again and he smiles " wanna take Dex for me? I haven't finished packing yet" he asks and I roll my eyes lightly, flipping him off and walking back over toward the front door as he chuckles lightly " you're the best Asteria" he yells and I shake my head lightly, walking into the house and grabbing his leash as I call for him.
Watching as Dex barks and comes running down the stairs, I smile and lean down, patting his shoulder as I attach his leash and walk back outside with Dex in one hand and lupin in the other.
As I put in my headphones and play my music I start to walk down the driveway again, glancing back toward Axel and Harley as they both carry Harley's bags over to my parents car.
I turn my head away and start to jog, the dogs following me excitedly just as I miss Harley turning and watching me.
-
After a little over an hour I walk back into the house breathing heavily, I run my hand through my hair and unclip their leashes, watching as they jog over to the water bowls.
I watch them to make sure they drink enough water, before slipping off my shoes and heading upstairs, glancing to the clock. I only had 30 minutes before we left so I had to take a quick shower since I still had to put everything in my car and get my animals set.
Closing my door behind myself I take off my clothes and toss them in my hamper, walking into my bathroom and turning on the shower, not wasting the time for it to warm up before getting in and starting to wash my body.
-10 minutes later
After a quick shower I quickly go over to my dresser, taking out a cropped red tank top, I toss my towel In my hamper and pull the top on. Grabbing a black lace thong I slip it on and start to look for shorts as I hear my dad yelling " 20 minutes kids!!" His voice echos through the house and I curse under my breath lightly, grabbing a pair of grey shorts and pulling them on before grabbing a brush and combing through my hair.
I braid my hair into two French braids and pull on a pair of socks, grabbing my deodorant and lotion I quickly apply both making sure to coat my tattoos, I tried to take good care of them, after all I spent a lot of money on them.
Slipping on a pair of shoes, I spray a perfume and toss a few small things in my bag that I'd have in my backseat.
I then grab my first few bags and start to carry them out to my car.
As I walk over to my car and open the trunk Axel glances to me from my dads car as he puts one of his bags in, raising his eyebrows " what're you doing?" He asks and I smile as I place my bags in my trunk " dad said I could take my car" I reply before walking back into the house.
-
After a few trips I'd gotten all my luggage in my car and lastly had to grab my snakes and then lupin and Gaia.
I pick up the two travel cases I'd put my two ball pythons in, and carefully start to head downstairs, once outside I open the backseat and bend down, placing the containers next to each other on the floor of my backseat, making sure they were secure before turning and heading back inside to grab my boa and Gaia.
Picking up their cases I head back outside, only one trip after this left.
I sigh lightly as I walk over to my car, carefully placing Gaias cage on the other side of the floor and then putting my boas container ontop of my ball pythons. Placing a blanket over their containers and adjusting my shirt slightly as I turn and walk back toward the house to grab my last bag and then Lupin and his things.
-
Finally after much longer than I anticipated, I had gotten all set up, I'd put a backseat cover in my car to make it more comfortable for lupin, and keep the car protected, along with some of his favorite toys.
As we lock up the house I walk over toward my car, glancing to my parents and smiling as my dad glances to Axel and Harley " alright one of you needs to go with Asteria. You can take turns but I don't want her driving alone." He says and Axel groans lightly, muttering something and I raise my eyebrows lightly, crossing my arms under my chest " what was that Axel? You know I think you owe me a favor since I just took your dog on a run since you were too lazy." I say as he glances to me and scoffs lightly, shaking his head a bit and patting Harley's shoulder as he gets into my parents car with Dex.
Great. I was going to be alone with Harley for god knows how long.
What's the worst that could happen?
I glance to him for a moment as he grabs a small bag and glances to me, walking over toward my car and smiling a bit.
I run my tongue over my cheek and look away, getting into my car and closing the door behind myself before putting the key in the engine and twisting it, smiling slightly as my car comes to a start. I buckle and open my glove compartment, looking through my cassette tapes as Harley gets in the passenger seat.
I grab Silver Side Up by Nickelback and push it into the cassette player, closing the glove compartment and turning the volume up a bit as Never Again comes on.
Glancing to Harley for a moment as I put my car in drive and start to follow my parents out of the driveway " no comments on my music, got it?" I say and he chuckles lightly, shaking his head a bit as he leans back, raising his arms slightly " I wasn't going to little Nyx. You've got good music taste, I can admit that" he smirks and I roll my eyes lightly, smiling a bit as I look away from him over toward the road " I know I do".
-
5 hours later
It was around 4 and we were stopping at a gas station to fill up on gas and use the restroom.
I park next to my parents and turn my car off, leaving the windows down slightly so lupin wasn't too hot.
I then get out and grab my bag, locking my car after Harley gets out and walking over toward the gas station, adjusting my shorts slightly.
So far the car ride had been pretty quiet, he'd been on his phone most of the time, most likely texting Axel.
I didn't mind the silence, I'd rather that than awkward forced conversation.