Various & Sundry Villains

Sam, Dean, Aiden, Amara and I were in the bunker, talking.

"All right," I told them. "We've got Principia Phantasmogonia'." I threw each large book onto the table. "We have 'Archive of the Unnatural Occurrences'. And we've got 'Jour et Nuit'."

"Kind of a weird name," Aiden told us.

"It's, uh, French," I explained. "It means 'The Book of Day and Night'."

"Fancy," Aiden told us.

"So, this is everything that even mentions some alternate realities," Dean told us. "So there's gotta be something here that talks about the apocalypse world, right?"

Amara looked away. "Yeah. Maybe."

Dean gave her a look. "Amara."

"I'm just saying, Dad," Amara told him. "Jack was our way over there, obviously. So with him gone..."

"Okay, well, Jack's been gone before," Sam told us. "We found him once. We can find him again."

"No, no, he didn't run away," Aiden told us. "He is literally in an alternate reality."

"Okay, so, we'll just come up with a Plan B, okay?" Dean asked. "Sammy said it himself. We just keep our heads down and we'll do the work."

"You and Ness said that," Sam told him.

"And Ness and I were right," Dean told us. "So, Sam, Ness, you read, do your Sam and Ness thing. Aiden and I'll find more to do."

"I can call Brandon and see what else he's got," Amara told us. "And we should probably loop Cas in at some point."

"We'll fill him in when he calls," Sam told us. "He checks in every day."

I nodded. "Yeah, with a bunch of questions and no leads."

Amara sighed. "Well, I'm going out to meet Brandon. I gotta get out of the bunker before I lose my mind." Sam, Dean and I looked at Aiden and Amara questioningly. Amara sighed. "We're fine."

"Yeah," Aiden answered. "With us going on more hunts and having a lot of releases instead of being stuck in the bunker... it's easier to handle the dark feeling. Amara and I are fine. Promise."

Sam, Dean and I were reassured, nodding in relief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amara called me later. "Hey, Mom. I'm pretty sure Brandon got hexed by a witch or a demon."

"Why?"

"Because he was acting like a lovestruck idiot when he told me that he found this book called the black grimoire that could maybe help us find a way to open the rift between the worlds to find Grandma and Jack, but then this girl Jamie basically has Brandon spelled enough to where he's gonna hand the book to these girls."

"All right, where are you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam, Dean, Aiden, Amara and I got outside of the market to see two witches, one of them Jamie, about to bash Brandon with a hammer, who had his eyes closed and didn't see what she was doing.

Amara used her power to throw the witches away from Brandon, making them hit the ground. "Get away from him. You heard me."

Brandon was far under the spell, trying to stop the fighting without hurting either Amara or the witches. "Hey, don't! No need for fighting here. Hey."